Sales Compensation Manager ( 599833-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will partner across broad cross-functional teams and will craft and develop sales compensation and sales compensation related strategic initiatives for the sales channels at Verizon Wireless. You will ensure the ongoing evolution of the sales plan(s) to align with business strategy, structure, and jobs. The work you do will attract and reward the people that make us successful every day.
- Enabling and improving sales compensation governance plans and processes, including incentive and quota reviews.
- Understanding the go-to-market strategy, organization structure, and sales jobs for designated channels.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with Finance, Sales Operations, and Commissions teams to drive agile compensation plans, commission systems, quota setting, and reporting capabilities.
- Conducting research and analyses to assess plan efficiency, pay and performance alignment, trends, identify issues, and evaluate scenarios to recommend and implement timely solutions.
- Developing and handling sales comp communications to ensure recipients and key partners understand the plan and its components through timely delivery and intuitive content.
- Presenting regular read-outs, analyses, and recommendations to executive leadership.
- Providing day-to-day support for clients and partners.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy knowing that you are providing the best rewards package in the market. Being a trusted partner to the human resources teams and the business gives you great satisfaction. You take pride in knowing that you have created the best packages for our people. You enjoy working in a vibrant environment and you have the ability to balance competing demands and priorities.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with sales compensation plan design or sales operations.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience leading design, implementation, and management of sales compensation programs.
- Experience in a national corporate environment, preferably with a technology company, or experience with Sales Efficiency/Sales Compensation in a consulting firm.
- Experience with leading and managing large, complex, cross-functional projects and initiatives with multiple partners.
- Capability to be highly analytical with the ability to deliver accurate and timely information in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated development of creative solutions and fact-based decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with experience presenting to executives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).