Sales Manager - Telecommute (109523932)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Area Vice President of Sales is responsible for the planning and development of client growth in the Public Sector and Government Market Segment in OptumRx. This role will partner with public sector and government markets in strategy, relationship-building, proposal development and sales targeting small to middle market employee and retiree benefits.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Overall responsibility for the growth, development and sales of pharmacy benefit solutions to small and middle market employers
- Plan, develop and execute growth strategy for Small to Middle Market public employers focused on towns, county, municipalities, school districts and other public employer entities
- Pursue and generate leads for new PBM products and services; develops sales plans, monitor progress, and adjust direction to continuously optimize sales performance and maintain up-to-date activity within the CRM system
- Consistently monitor the competitive landscape and utilize market relationships and knowledge to identify and validate key market trends, optimize sales strategy, and target new opportunities
- Execute the sales process and client engagement through the sale, coordinating with all necessary parties (ex. legal, underwriting, finance, etc.) to plan, sell and close on opportunities
- Develop consultative relationships and be a trusted advisor to the client to demonstrate how OptumRx can provide value for the client to meet their objectives and improve the health system
- Supports partnering internally and externally on developing a full spectrum of pharmacy care services designed to make prescription drugs more affordable and create a better experience for beneficiaries
- Frequently partner with other sales executives where appropriate and ability to work independently to sell and/or manage sales opportunities
- Achievement of annual sales quotas/targets associated with specific sub-segment and line-of-business
- Possess or develop subject matter expertise and knowledge on OptumRx Pharmacy Benefits Management systems
- Engage, build relationships, and sell solutions/services across small to middle market channels, including direct to clients and through brokers/consultants
- Ability to work independently as a strong team player with minimal supervision in a high-paced, high intensity environment
- Communicate and present effectively to multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
- Coordinate and manage all activity across matrixed organization during the sales and proposal process
- Significant amount of time is spent out of the office with clients, generally 75% or greater
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of sales or PBM experience
- 5+ years of strategic and operational health care experience
- Experience in sales/account management, including but not limited to Pharmacy and/or Medical
- Experience in diagnosing client needs and recommending solutions that have measurable and positive business impact
- Demonstrated success in leading a consultative sales experience, calling on and influencing senior level and/or C-Suite and senior buyers in the pharmacy care solutions and prescription services scope
- Ability to effectively lead the sales process and work cooperatively with team to achieve sales goals
- Ability to travel frequently >75%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
- Experience working with large deals and annual sales targets at a minimum between $5MM to $50 MM annually (ex. PBM, Pharmaceutical, Managed Care)
- Established relationships within market, geography, prospective clients, broker, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $70,000 to $140,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.