Channel Sales Manager - Remote (109682399)
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at Solutran®, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group®, offer a unique and exciting opportunity to create large-impact, market-leading payments, and financial technology innovations, while delivering on the mission of improving the health and wellbeing of tens of millions of Americans.
Our industry-leading S3® payments platform is integrated at 35,000+ retail locations and supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services. This advanced technology has led to Solutran’s rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
The Channel Sales Manager is a strategic, relationship and partnership-focused role supporting the broader Sales team. It is considered an integral part of the sales team. This position is responsible for revenue generation and retention by leveraging various partner channels to drive new business opportunities and strengthen existing client relationships.
Certain markets call for a partner-based approach to help Solutran efficiently sell and attract new clients. This role will be responsible for building a partner-based strategy which creates sales efficiencies and easily identifies strong client opportunities. There will be existing and new business partners to formalize and build long term relationships around.
The Channel Sales Manager will partner internally with Solutran Product and Solution teams to identify opportunities where the combination of Solutran and a Partner solution create net new, incremental value for all parties, including the end client. Where this role owns relationships, agreements, and negotiations with external partners, often Solutran Product will own the joint solution technically. These responsibilities will span the entire lifecycle of enterprise client relationships, beginning with the first project and continuing through subsequent projects, requiring elements of long-term account management relationship fostering. As many client engagements include partners requiring the ability to support and understand how the partnerships work and their benefit to the client, this role will work closely with the Solution Consultant role to drive pre and post-implementation efficiencies.
This role will be tasked with understanding our partner’s businesses inside and out and becoming a trusted resource to help them accomplish their stated goals while also protecting Solutran’s assets and value at the same time.
The position requires a unique blend of business development, listening, analysis, design, and communication skills. As an experienced member of the team, it is expected all of these responsibilities are well honed and effective. It is this individual’s responsibility to document processes and playbooks to ensure future team scale.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify, source, and establish strong, valuable partners to the Solutran ecosystem
- Work with leadership to design a partnership strategy and execution playbook
- Understand and negotiate partnership agreements with external partners
- Partner with the marketing organization to co-develop compelling partner presentations
- Define and manage the operational process surrounding partner and sales engagement
- Support the account management team as an expert on the partnership approach of Solutran solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Establish and manage regular partnership performance meetings both internally and externally
- Maintain detailed accountings of partnership activity and results
- Partner with Solutran Product team to identify and prioritize new development projects associated with partnership opportunities
- Articulate the value of the proposed solution in the context of the client opportunity and requirements, including current and future product efforts
- Interact directly with prospective clients as a key point of contact within Solutran
- Coordinate and/or create content and review for necessary partner content in RFPs
- Assist partners with their RFPs which include Solutran services
- Assist the internal and external (partner) sales personnel in responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Stay current on the healthcare landscape as it relates to impacts on our partner ecosystems
- Stay current on competitive analyses and understand differentiators between the company and its competitors
- Understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security, etc.
- Conduct partner training sessions
- Follow up with account team throughout the sales cycle as needed to help secure business
- Travel for any required onsite sales or partner meetings and lead presentations as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of customer relationship management experience
- 4+ years sales and or account management experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exhibits natural leadership qualities and business maturity
- Understanding of the sales process and trusted advisor for account team
- Exhibits technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology
- Ability to communicate, mentor, teach, and explain concepts at multiple levels with the capability to extract the business value related to the proposed solutions
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills, ability to write error-free, professional proposals and executive summaries for clients
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $70,000 to $140,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.