Market Sales Manager, Government Plans - Houston, TX (109083326)
**$5,000 Sign-on bonus for External Hire**
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is the largest business dedicated to the health and wellbeing needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries. For more than three decades, UnitedHealthcare has served the health care coverage needs of Medicare beneficiaries, navigating through multiple evolutions of the Medicare program and growing to become the preferred choice of more beneficiaries than any other company. Today we remain committed to providing people with a choice of innovative health and well-being solutions that help them access the quality care they need and enjoy the superior experience they deserve.
The role of this Agent/Market Sales Manager is vital in achieving this commitment to our members through their focus on innovative leadership, agent support and coaching, and accountability for growth and results in all distribution channels selling UnitedHealth Group portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries.
If you are located within the state of Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop Others into a successful team aimed at increasing growth and market permeation by:
- Continually building and nurturing agents through educational support on product information, selling skills, systems, and processes at United Healthcare
- Actively engage in the management and coaching of agent performance by implementing successful start strategy and guiding agents through agent paths
- Monitor, coach, and train to compliant activity to ensure maximum member satisfaction and retention
- Influence and articulate brand ideals and messaging through collaborative engagement with agents and agencies in the development of effective and efficient business and marketing plans
- Leverage existing, and create new, agency partnerships to produce maximum market dispersion and lead utilization opportunities
- Facilitate Execution Plans by:
- Directing and executing strategic and systematic lead management to generate market level growth
- Fostering connections with community organizations to ensure agents have smooth tactical execution of events and meetings and fully utilize support functions and roles
- Actively tracking sales activity through the Field Leadership Portal and utilizing data to measure and drive sales activity
- Networking with professional organizations to create opportunities for referrals, partnerships, and other methods of engagement for both agents and members
- Utilizing competitive perspective and market knowledge to position United Healthcare as the carrier of choice
- Effectively and efficiently allocating enterprise resources to maximize growth and profitability
- Communicate Effectively and Manage Conflict by:
- Working collaboratively with others (both inside the sales unit as well as outside) to achieve goals
- Relate to others in an open and accepting manner and treat everyone with dignity and respect while focusing on inclusion and diversity to maximize team performance
- Keep others up to date on information, openly contributing ideas and fully understanding support decisions made by the team and the organization
- Lead with and model Achievement Drive by:
- Demonstrating the ability to meet or exceed performance standards in a timely manner
- Exhibiting attention to detail and ability to track/maintain various components/data elements required/needed (e.g. sales materials, files, etc.)
- Display a solid Growth Mindset by:
- Encouraging innovation and pioneering thinking whenever possible
- Using facts, sound judgment and application of business knowledge when making decisions within existing processes
- Quickly identifying and effectively resolving issues/problems in a way that supports the long-term goals of the organization yet meets the immediate needs of the situation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A state life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- Sales, territory management, business development or related experience
- Proficient with technology resources (computers/mobile devices, Internet, social media platforms & networks, software applications, virtual presence, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to work Monday-Friday and outside core business hours, including evenings and weekends, per business needs
- Valid driver’s license and good driving history
- Access to insured and reliable vehicle
- Travel up to 50% of the time within this Houston, TX market area
- Live in/within a commutable distance to Houston, TX
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree
- Active state health insurance license
- Experience managing/leading a team
- Experience managing/leading a sales team
- Experience giving presentations to all level leaders of organization including senior managers/executives
- Proven success exceeding company sales goals and deliverables
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Self-starter who can work with minimal guidance, seeking guidance on most complex tasks
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to think innovatively and creatively and resolve complex matters
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.