Product Manager Sales Chat Strategy ( 603954-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Sales Chat Strategy manager will be responsible for identifying and implementing strategies to drive growth, increase revenue, reduce cost and improve the digital experience for customers. You will be responsible for driving digital sales growth by converting prospects into customers and gaining new sales from existing customers. You will be responsible for driving digital sales growth and world-class customer experiences through automated and live agent channels (live chat, messaging, click-to-call). You will ensure tight linkage across cross functional teams and business owners to define sales initiatives in partnership with the optimization of our funnel and the use of promotions and offers. You must also ensure highly effective and mutually-rewarding customer and stakeholder relationships, and effectively communicate project and/or issue status to Verizon key stakeholders and executives. You must be an action oriented, results driven professional with a history of achievement operating in a fast paced environment.
- Manage the chat and messaging technology stack including chat/messaging platforms, automation layers and agent augmentation solutions.
- Deliver improved margins through lower costs of acquisition, higher revenue at the point of sale and accretion over the customer tenure though upgrades and retention while reducing the cost to serve.
- Build new features and optimize digital capabilities that drive recurring revenue through the positioning of the Verizon feature/application portfolio.
- Partner with sales operations, compensation and finance teams to design compensation plans that drive revenue growth and digital adoption.
- Partner with cross functional teams during the development and implementation of key digital solutions that cross multiple channels.
- Oversee multiple, simultaneous digital/technical work streams, liaising with other teams for planning, knowledge management and standards development that can support scalability and efficiency.
- Drive continual evolution and enhancement of the digital customer experience.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders (CMO, Sourcing, Ops Support, IT, Device Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Vendors and Agencies) teams to maximize channel performance.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- An MBA or degree in Digital Marketing and Media.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification.
- Digital experience, digital marketing and digital product management either in a business, agency or consulting organization.
- Experience designing, building and optimizing sales chat programs at scale.
- Knowledge of digital technologies, products and services and the overall digital ecosystem.
- Experience in designing, building and optimizing chat and/or messaging programs.
- Experience in creating and executing effective programs to grow sales, traffic and/or engagement.
- Strong data analytics and quantitative skills in financial and assessment of monetization models.
- Experience in roles which require initiative to drive projects, tenacity to deliver results in a complex environment and the ability to lead across many projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the creation/delivery of succinct presentations to communicate vision and concepts/opportunities to all levels of the organization.
- Experience in product management and agile development including advanced skills in Jira and user story creation and grooming.
- Working knowledge of design thinking and process engineering.
- Ability to define digital trends across industries and apply those impacts including emerging technologies in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.