Sales Manager - Washington
Ashley Furniture is a privately held company with over 75 years in business. We wouldn’t be the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer without those that make us One Ashley. When you join the Ashley Furniture team you are joining the history and the future of furniture
The Sales Manager is a role model for building and maintaining guest relationships that are the foundation of the Company’s retail sales success. This position will work with the store manager to develop and lead retail sales associates in the implementation of the Company’s sales approach, perform store operations functions such as opening and closing the store, and maintain compliance with the Company’s policies and operating procedures to ensure the delivery of an exceptional in-store experience for every guest that results in increased store sales, profitability, and guest loyalty.
The Sales Manager is responsible for coaching sales technique and sales performance for the retail sales associates (RSA). This position is also responsible for ensuring that all RSAs complete and implement all designated training.
The Sales Manager is accountable for assisting in meeting and exceeding guest satisfaction and sales targets, which includes Sales per Guest (SPG), Gross Margin, (Digital) Net Promoter Score ((D)NPS) and other key performance metrics.
Annual Salary: $65,000, plus Incentive
Primary Job Functions
· Co-lead the store retail sales associates in meeting and exceeding sales goals, Sales per Guest (SPG), (Digital) Net Promoter Score ((D)NPS) and other key performance metrics. Optimize guest conversion and sales tickets by ensuring the deployment of the Company’s sales approach.
· Maintain a visible presence on the sales floor, role modeling the selling process, personally interacting with guests and being in a position to positively impact the sales process and ensure the Company’s brand is properly represented. Resolve guest issues in a professional, helpful manner that strikes the proper balance between guest satisfaction and financial responsibility to the company.
· Participate in developing and implementing sales plans to create a culture of accountability and to ensure a continued focus on sales performance and other goal attainment.
· Ensure compliance with store operating policies and procedures, including advertising and promotions, merchandise layouts, pricing, beginning and end-of day, store appearance, human resources, health, and safety, etc. Maintain operational standards and office administrative routines and processes.
· Use staffing-to-traffic methodologies to properly staff and manage the sales floor; prioritize daily responsibilities and tasks. 6. Analyze operational and financial reports to determine the store’s results and performance trends and take prompt corrective action to remedy significant variance.
· Create an engaging, positive working environment and strong selling culture; recognize and reward top performers.
· Serve as the Manager on duty, managing the store in the absence of the store manager.
· Participate in “velocity walks” to assess and respond to category sales performance.
· Maintain high levels of knowledge on all Company products, promotions, and store procedures.
· Assist with employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
· Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
· Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
· Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
· Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
· Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
This section describes the secondary responsibilities that this job performs.
· Perform competitive shopping to stay abreast of the local competitive environment.
· Promote and build the Company’s brand through active involvement in community functions and events, such as the Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis, Rotary Club or other local merchant or volunteer organizations.
· Learn the home furnishings industry to establish a strong understanding of the Company’s products and their positioning in the marketplace, as well as the processes and procedures in how the business is operated.
· Maintain reliable attendance.
· Actively participate in departmental meetings, training, and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
· Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the US, Required
- At least 18 years old, Required
- Associate degree in business administration or related field or equivalent work experience, Required
- 2 years’ of retail management, sales and/or management experience, Required
· Ability to regularly lift over 25 IBS with or without reasonable accommodation
· Ability to transport loads of 40 IBS with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and Holidays
- Demonstrate Ashley’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Maintain reliable attendance
- Thrive in a team environment
At Ashley we believe in providing you flexibility for you and your family. When you join our family you are eligible to participate in our comprehensive Benefits programs which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k), Paid Holidays,80 hours paid vacation, Paid Sick Leave and Profit Sharing. Benefits may vary based on position and location so we encourage you to speak with the recruiting team during the interview process.
Who Are We?
Ashley is the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world and has been named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes. We are on the cutting edge of innovation with a laser focus on technology. We invest in automation initiatives creating industry-leading, high-speed automated equipment and manufacturing systems.
“Since 1945, our teamwork, systems, and desire to continuously improve demonstrate a company whose passion is put into every action. Ashley’s vision is “We want to be the best home furnishings company”. We strive for nothing less than earning the loyalty and trust of our employees and customers every day.” -Todd Wanek, President, and CEO
One Ashley Core Values
· Honesty & Integrity
· Passion, Drive, Discipline
· Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence
· Dirty Fingernail
· Growth Focused
Ashley Furniture is known for having a “Growth Mindset”, and it is our mission to help those around us continue to grow. We implement continuous improvement learning programs for those within our organization and outside of our organization.
We support community development by honoring our military, and first response teams, and investing in medical research. We strive to be an industry leader in waste reduction by increasing recycling and upcycling in our manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and retail spaces.
Learn more about our efforts below
Programs we Support:
Soldiers Walk Memorial Park
Operation Shut Eye
Aiding First Responders
City of Hope
Hope to Dream
Scholarship Programs and Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.