Senior Sales Manager - 5G and MEC Acceleration
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In your role leading the 5G MEC solutions specialist sales team, you’ll be working with global enterprise and public sector organizations to create, build, and deliver industry-driven 5G/Edge-driven value streams to unlock customer transformations. To be successful, your team will need the ability to work across a matrix of internal and external partners, including Verizon’s Systems Integrator and Cloud partner ecosystem, translate the impacts of edge-related use cases into meaningful client transformation activities, and own the progression and deal closure plans. As a leader, you will be responsible for managing, leading and coaching a team of strategic 5G/MEC solutions sellers driving revenue in 5G/MEC and Industry 4.0 solutions. You will be responsible for the cultivation and development of the team with the overall responsibility of achieving the sales funnel metrics including: Wins, POCs and qualified opportunity targets, following a structured opportunity development framework and governance program to deliver consistent and predictable outcomes.
- Driving enterprise business transformation selling and the technologies associated with such a solution, including ERP software, 5G, private networks, edge compute, and professional, and managed services.
- Demonstrating your ability to lead teams, leverage the outcome-driven approach by looking at industry pain points, client challenges, and laying out new innovative solutions that tie the relevance of 5G and MEC-driven solutions.
- Translating the customers' needs into a business case that makes sense for the client to realize the transformation journey.
- Taking part in opportunity qualification/validation, responsible to develop an account close plan in partnership with VBG’s global sales force, to ensure a successful and timely win (i.e., meeting management, aligning stakeholders, management of deliverables, and objectives).
- Driving account / opportunity close plan managing the timely execution of milestones and timelines.
- Partnering with sales and other stakeholders to identify, and resolve any obstacles/ challenges to drive timely execution and achieve deal progression and closure.
- Helping the team with day-to-day activities to ultimately win/close opportunities including discovery sessions, EBCs, building client/SI relationships, bringing in Verizon stakeholders, pipeline review calls, executive reporting, customer meetings, identifying, and qualifying opportunities.
- Being the expert in building and working with ecosystem partners on the facilitation of use cases that enable 5G and MEC driven solutions.
- Working across a portfolio of SIs to develop technical use cases that drive business transformation.
- Being responsible for hiring and staffing the team as needed and responsible for driving all training, coaching and team development as needed.
You will be responsible for the cultivation and development of the team with the overall responsibility of achieving the sales funnel metrics including: Contract Wins, and qualified opportunity targets, following a structured opportunity development framework and governance program to deliver consistent and predictable outcomes.
In this strategic management role, you will collaborate with third-party organizations, clients, and a broad range of internal Verizon stakeholders in order to co-create the large and transformational opportunities that are vital to Verizon future growth strategy.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. This position can be located in any valid Verizon domestic hub location.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in transformational Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) solution selling.
- Experience in transformational ICT sales; 5G, MEC, Industry 4.0, software-defined networking, unified communications, managed network services, cloud services and digital security.
- Experience in building partnerships with SI organizations and collaborating to drive revenue in a JGTM solution.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong executive management and leadership skills with a proven track record in managing large and geographically distributed teams.
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills.
- Ability to understand the changing dynamics of a client opportunity and the teams that are required to win the opportunity. Followed by the ability to bring these teams together and drive a productive< collaborative and successful account/opportunity execution plan
- Entrepreneurial spirit or experience.
- Industry experience, strategic thinking, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best practice sharing, all while showing they can deliver exceptional results over time.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in developing relationships and generating qualified opportunities.
- Knowledge of business development lifecycles and associated best practice methodology.
- Direct people leadership experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.