Spine Sales Representative (R474938)
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
SPINE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Who We Want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic closers. Salespeople who close profitable business and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent salespeople who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Will Do
As a Spine Sales Representative, you will be responsible for soliciting orders, selling Stryker products assigned, and representing the company in accordance with its policies and in the area assigned; for maintaining awareness of local competitive conditions and for reporting back promptly to the manager. This position is also responsible for achieving sales objectives and market development goals within a sales territory. This position will develop product demands by creating product awareness and providing education/training to clinicians and hospital staff.
· Assist with sales calls to customers and prospects with a particular focus on orthopedic and neuro spine surgeons.
· Generate new sales, develop leads, recruit new surgeons and qualify prospects through making sales calls.
· Continue to grow and develop clinical competency in spinal anatomy, imaging modalities and expertise in Stryker Spine products.
· Meet or exceed territory sales objectives for each product category and in target accounts; meet or exceed territory market share objectives.
· Surgical case preparation and coverage is required with the goal of bringing the highest degree of value to the surgeon, patient and facility.
· Establish and maintain strong business relationships with prospective and existing customers.
· Serves as the primary backup contact for Sales Representatives.
· Maintain expert knowledge in Spine product, competitive product and current market; participate in continuing education programs.
· Provide high quality “on call” service to existing customers.
· Move consignment and loaner inventory between accounts based on the surgical needs of the territory and region.
· Manage and maintain a sample inventory of products.
· Assist in the collection of Purchase Orders. Respond to customer complaints in accordance with company policy and advise Sales Manager and company promptly of any situation beyond scope of authority.
· May assist in the preparation and operation of trade shows, conventions, and/or clinical meetings.
What You Need
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year accredited college or university, preferred.
· Five (5) years’ experience in a clinical and/or operating room environment or 4-year degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
· 2 years successful sales experience, required; medical device, preferred.
· Knowledge in the use of current office technologies (MS Office suite, Salesforce.com, etc.)
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop and maintain relationships.
· Must be comfortable in emergency/operating room environments.
· Demonstrated aptitude to learn a product’s key features & benefits.
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong team player with the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
· Demonstrated biomechanical aptitude, with previous exposure to professional orthopedic or clinical work environment, preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective sales and marketing plan.
· Must be able to lift and carry samples and surgical instruments kits up to 40 pounds.
· Must be available on 24-hour per day basis, to respond to customer emergencies as dictated by territory and account requirements.
· Travel required within Territory, in support of other Territories within the Region, and to national/area sales meetings and conventions.
This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Stryker will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
What We Offer
· Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
· Career path toward uncapped earning potential!
· A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
· Coworkers committed to achieving more and winning the right way
· Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
· Competitive employee benefits at totalrewards.stryker.com
rt detailed job description here.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. Employees and new hires in sales and field roles that require access to customer accounts as a function of the job may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination as an essential function of their role.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.