Medicaid Sales Representative, Community Plan - St. Lawrence County, NY (106951603)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare Community & State is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. If you're ready to help write the history of UnitedHealth Group and improve the lives of others, you can do it with UnitedHealthcare Community & State. We contract with states and other government agencies to provide care for over two million individuals. Working with physicians and other care providers, we ensure that our members obtain the care they need with a coordinated approach.
This enables us to break down barriers, which makes health care easier for our customers to manage. That takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of good ideas. Most of all - it takes an entire team of talent. Individuals with the tenacity and the dedication to make things work better for millions of people all over our country.
If you are located in St. Lawrence County NY you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
**This is a 40hr work week schedule**
**Non-exempt + bonus paid/field sales role**
- Interact and meet with eligible individuals at their homes and/or various sites throughout the community/service area to enroll them into UnitedHealthcare government programs
- Maintain high level of collaboration between UnitedHealth Group and community-based partners and other state and government agencies in the New York area
- Perform community marketing and outreach to promote UnitedHealthcare government programs
- Offer ongoing member education and member servicing
- Maintain accurate records for reporting purposes
- Meet monthly targets for applications received
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience in a direct sales, social service, community, or customer service position
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams)
- Valid driver's license, good driving history, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Ability to travel up to 100% of time within this St. Lawrence County NY market area
- Work Monday - Friday core business hours, nights & weekends, and overtime, as required
- Live in/within commutable distance to St. Lawrence County NY
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Certified Application Counselor (CAC) certification
- Previous business to business B2B sales or marketing experience
- Proven experience in strategic planning, sales strategies and/or retention
- Experience giving professional presentations to all levels of organization including executive leadership
- Experience with enrollment in Medicaid/Essential Plan/Child Health Plus products
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources CBO’s, religious/faith-based organizations FBO’s in designated sales territory
- Familiar with enrollment and eligibility in New York's public health insurance programs
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.