Sales Representative - Adel, IA (108281539)
This role is temporarily remote. Training is conducted virtually from your home. This role is an onsite role and once training is completed, you will transition to work in the office in the future.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life’s best work.SM
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This position is full-time (36 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, 8:00am - 12:00pm Friday (during peak seasons, 8:00am - 4:30pm on Fridays). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 601 Visions Parkway Adel, IA 50003.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Display proficiency and passion in describing the value of each BASE product offered
- Interact directly with customers and other Business Partners, brokers or agents through inbound/outbound phone conversations, virtual meetings or in person when necessary
- Conduct market presentations and trainings for prospective business
- Create and drive strategies for top producing agencies/brokers/Business Partners by frequent collaboration and strong product knowledge
- Actively listen to potential client’s situation and sell the BASE product that best fits their needs
- Consistently meet sales goals
- Support the Implementation and Service teams with client interactions
- Utilize appropriate internal computer applications and enter all information in the appropriate systems
- Collaborate with Management regarding pipeline, persistency, market objectives and developing competitive strategies
- Perform other tasks as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10years of equivalent working experience
- 4+ years or more experience in the insurance or healthcare benefits industry
- Sales experience
- Experience with presentations, in person and virtual
- Experience using Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams and PowerPoint (presenting and creating)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Reside within a commutable distance to Adel, IA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Perform other tasks as required, which may include attending external meetings, including tradeshows as needed
- Ability to navigate a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Strong team player
- Ability to drive throughout the territory and spend time in the field
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to negotiate and close sales
- Ability to build and maintain strong client and producer relationships
- Solid knowledge of all products sold in the market segment, including competitive products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to be collaborative with sales team and outside vendors
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with limited direction and supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, Sales, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, customer service advocate, customer service rep, SME, Senior, SR, hiring immediately, #RPO