Associate Sales Representative - Sustainability Solutions - Raleigh, NC (R452818)
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
The Associate Sales Representative – Sales (ASR) is responsible for the day to day work and overall performance supporting the Patient Care franchise with our Customers in the field. The ASR will work closely with their Area Manager and Service counterparts to identify, develop and implement various strategic plans and programs to meet the organization's business objectives. The ASR has oversight over the growth and retention of our Patient Care franchise both with existing Customers as well as support and engagement in the sales process for new Customers in coordination with the Strategic Sales Team and Regional Sales Teams. The ASR will be expected to be a subject matter expert on the overall process of Assessments as well as best practices with the activities that will drive growth in collections within Patient Care franchise. It will be important that this individual has an in depth understanding of the overall sales and collections process of all 3 franchises, serves as a single point of contact for our Regional Teams, is proactive with planning and scheduling and has the ability to support the sales process and customer facing interactions (as needed). This job will require a 4 year college degree.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain routine communication with divisional teams (Sales Reps, Regional Managers, Strategic Sales Managers, Area Sales Directors, Service personnel etc) to gather and share information as part of overall responsibilities
- Educate and inform hospital stakeholders regarding the benefits of SSS products and services, thus increasing the volume of used devices collected and reprocessed devices ordered.
- Conduct “in-service” education with hospital stakeholders and cross-departmental healthcare facility staff across 24x7 shifts re: new programs, changes, updates, or customer concerns, thus promoting the benefits of reprocessed devices and driving higher collection volume and sales.
- Recommend solutions for customers and teammates on maximizing their reprocessing program based upon analysis of current customer practices and needs.
- Analyze customer usage of devices to maximize participation in Stryker’s reprocessing program and create action plan for increasing account participation and potential sale of new products and services.
- Assist with planning & execution of territory business plan based upon knowledge of existing and projected customer sales and reprocessing trends.
- Reinforce established relationships with all key decision makers at Customer level
- Identify and help coordinate new opportunities with Sales to build new business and protect existing business through coordinated sales and service efforts, improved agreements and contract compliance.
- Partner with Area Manager, Strategic Sales Management and Regional Managers to effectively execute on specific franchise strategy that is tied to reprocessing – both current and new Customers
- Provide data, support and information (as needed) at IDN Quarterly Business Reviews for Patient Care
- Develop and execute commercial strategy to grow collections within Patient Care through the use of data, performance trends and feedback from regional Sales and Service Teams
- Monitor collection compliance, sell through and overall performance levels and evaluate results to make appropriate suggestions to target new business and grow market share.
- Collaborate with Sales, Strat Sales and Service to optimize contract execution and enhance customer experience during the implementation process (as needed)
- Take on assigned and on-demand tasks focused specifically on Patient Care collections and growth
- Single point of contact (in conjunction with Sales) for Patient Care growth opportunities where guidance, coaching or strategic insight would be needed to best support our Customers
Training & Education
- Coordination with Sales Enablement to understand the Patient Care products and portfolio
- Thorough understanding of the process and best practices of Assessments
- Adhere to all corporate policies as published, as well as AdvaMed guidelines in interactions with customers.
- Manage travel expenses to fall within Regional budget expectations
Education & special trainings:
Qualifications & experience:
- 4 year College degree required
- Demonstrates history of performance and achievement
- Preferred some level of selling or sales support experience within industry
- Preferred some level of experience in Hospital based landscape and culture
- Must have excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment to prioritize effectively
- Must be able to work with clinical and business personnel, both internal and external to Stryker
- Must be able to analyze and resolve issues using independent judgment
- Must be able to work well independently and without direct supervision
- Must be able to review printed material and draw salient conclusions
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed forecasts, guidelines, and procedures and execute on strategy
- Must be able to communicate concisely telephonically and via email
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g., printer, cell phone, etc.)
- Required proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated
- Regional management or other leadership experience
Physical requirements & work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adherence to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Flexibility to work unconventional hours as business dictates.
- Independent achiever in a customer-focused (internal/external) team environment.
- Ability to work in an environment where priorities can change rapidly.
- Travel up to 40% annually, may include some weekend travel.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. Employees and new hires in sales and field roles that require access to customer accounts as a function of the job may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination as an essential function of their role.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.