Associate Sales Representative - Sustainability Solutions - Los Angeles, CA (R452987)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Associate Sales Representative – Sales (ASR) is responsible for the day to day work and overall performance supporting the Patient Care franchise with our Customers in the field. The ASR will work closely with their Area Manager and Service counterparts to identify, develop and implement various strategic plans and programs to meet the organization's business objectives. The ASR has oversight over the growth and retention of our Patient Care franchise both with existing Customers as well as support and engagement in the sales process for new Customers in coordination with the Strategic Sales Team and Regional Sales Teams. The ASR will be expected to be a subject matter expert on the overall process of Assessments as well as best practices with the activities that will drive growth in collections within Patient Care franchise. It will be important that this individual has an in depth understanding of the overall sales and collections process of all 3 franchises, serves as a single point of contact for our Regional Teams, is proactive with planning and scheduling and has the ability to support the sales process and customer facing interactions (as needed). This job will require a 4 year college degree.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain routine communication with divisional teams (Sales Reps, Regional Managers, Strategic Sales Managers, Area Sales Directors, Service personnel etc) to gather and share information as part of overall responsibilities
- Educate and inform hospital stakeholders regarding the benefits of SSS products and services, thus increasing the volume of used devices collected and reprocessed devices ordered.
- Conduct “in-service” education with hospital stakeholders and cross-departmental healthcare facility staff across 24x7 shifts re: new programs, changes, updates, or customer concerns, thus promoting the benefits of reprocessed devices and driving higher collection volume and sales.
- Recommend solutions for customers and teammates on maximizing their reprocessing program based upon analysis of current customer practices and needs.
- Analyze customer usage of devices to maximize participation in Stryker’s reprocessing program and create action plan for increasing account participation and potential sale of new products and services.
- Assist with planning & execution of territory business plan based upon knowledge of existing and projected customer sales and reprocessing trends.
- Reinforce established relationships with all key decision makers at Customer level
- Identify and help coordinate new opportunities with Sales to build new business and protect existing business through coordinated sales and service efforts, improved agreements and contract compliance.
- Partner with Area Manager, Strategic Sales Management and Regional Managers to effectively execute on specific franchise strategy that is tied to reprocessing – both current and new Customers
- Provide data, support and information (as needed) at IDN Quarterly Business Reviews for Patient Care
- Develop and execute commercial strategy to grow collections within Patient Care through the use of data, performance trends and feedback from regional Sales and Service Teams
- Monitor collection compliance, sell through and overall performance levels and evaluate results to make appropriate suggestions to target new business and grow market share.
- Collaborate with Sales, Strat Sales and Service to optimize contract execution and enhance customer experience during the implementation process (as needed)
- Take on assigned and on-demand tasks focused specifically on Patient Care collections and growth
- Single point of contact (in conjunction with Sales) for Patient Care growth opportunities where guidance, coaching or strategic insight would be needed to best support our Customers
Training & Education
- Coordination with Sales Enablement to understand the Patient Care products and portfolio
- Thorough understanding of the process and best practices of Assessments
- Adhere to all corporate policies as published, as well as AdvaMed guidelines in interactions with customers.
- Manage travel expenses to fall within Regional budget expectations
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.