Sales Representative - South Boston - Sustainability Solutions (R435135)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
Stryker’s Sustainability Solutions (SSS) is the leading provider of reprocessing and remanufacturing services for single-use medical devices. Reprocessing of single-use medical devices (SUDs) is the practice of inspecting, cleaning, function testing, sterilizing and packaging so that they can be clinically and safely used again. Watch this short video to learn about how, with our customers, we’re better together. Below are additional ways that we are providing sustainable solutions to our customers:
- Diverted 13.4M pounds of waste from landfills in 2019.
- Providing an “end of life” solution for devices that can no longer be
- reprocessed; converting them into syngas, biochar or recyclable metals.
- Launched Pulse Ox for the Planet in 2017 where we donate trees to the National Forest Foundation based on increasing pulse oximeter collections. This year, we are on track to plant over 90,000 trees.
- Invested $33M in capital expenses to improve operations since 2009.
- Helped our customers save over $375M in 2019.
Who we want
Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and service mindset to bring value to their customers.
Strategic closers. Salespeople who close profitable business and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Game changers. Persistent salespeople who look beyond conventional methods to transform their industry and make healthcare better.
Dedicated competitors. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and work fiercely to win.
What you will do
As a Sales Representative, you’ll be selling and promoting the products and services of the world leader in the healthcare reprocessing market, Stryker Sustainability Solutions. Your ability to create and develop influential relationships with your customers will serve them well and develop your business to meet territory performance and growth objectives. You’ll create a strategic and defined game plan that will allow you to influence all levels of hospital personnel including but not limited to Surgeons, Specialty Surgeons, administrative staff, patient support staff, operations, supply chain, nursing, in-patient staff, out-patient staff and c-suite level personnel. Stryker Sustainability’s portfolio of life saving, quality driven devices will align well with your ability to understand and effectively leverage many different products, relationships and challenging situations within hospitals. With your focus, SSS can be the caveat that brings many different divisions together, becoming more valuable to our customers. You’ll operate with a high level of purpose, passion and integrity. As a member of our sales team, you’ll thrive off the fast pace environment and find purpose in your work to help make healthcare better.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and implement sales strategies that meet or exceed territory sales objectives for each SSS franchises (EP, OR & Patient Care) Establish, maintain and develop strong business relationships with prospective and existing customers to maintain and grow revenue
- Provide product use and collection “in-servicing” trainings and other customer education support programs associated with environment and financial benefits
- Identify and cultivate productive business relationships with cross- divisional Stryker counterparts and strategic partners that can assist in achieving business results
- Understand and continually educate yourself on your customer facilities and the reprocessing competitive landscape
- Conducts business reviews, in-services on new programs, changes to existing programs, updates, and timely addresses any customer concerns and influence customer participation levels
- Partner with your service team to drive customer engagement in collections program ensuring we maintain a consistent flow of product to our production facilities
- Work from home: Yes (field-based role, 90% of time spent visiting customer accounts in assigned territory)
- Required travel percentage: Up to 30%
Experience / skills required
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferably in Business or related degree)
- Experience in B2B sales
- Experience in the medical device industry preferred
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated sales success (quota attainment YOY, awards, etc.)
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.