Sr Client Exec-SLED Sales ( 592280-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Client Executive is responsible for strategic solution-based selling to an assigned public sector base to meet/exceed all revenue and sales targets. The selected candidate will be responsible for building C-Level relationships in an effort to execute on customer strategic plans with a team of sales, service, and solution engineers to ensure account growth and optimum customer satisfaction. The Senior Client Executive will uncover new opportunities, develop solutions and sell strategic services to include Network, IP Telephony, Managed Services, Cloud-based Services, Security Services, Contact Center and Customer Experience Solutions, and CPE offerings.
This position will:
- Develop and manage executive relationships, and provide leadership to the other team members in relation to the Verizon Business Group.
- Develop strategic plans based on industry trending and customer analysis, which includes preparing executive profiles, and continuous study of assigned accounts' industry, business and trends.
- Develop a version of the Strategic Plan to share with customers to solicit their input and have them gain a sense of joint ownership of the Plan.
- Collaborate with other sales business units to bring a total solution to the customer and sell across the stack.
- Provide consultative approach to solving the customer’s business problems.
- Prepare sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential.
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Maintain a current understanding of Verizon Business services/products and network.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of wireline sales experience.
- Six or more years of relevant sales experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- Four or more years of successful strategic/solutions and/or systems integration sales experience or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as needed.
- Experience with Government Education - K-12; Public Sector (local and state government) is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated effective ability to think strategically and develop and follow set of objectives.
- A proven track record in consultative selling solutions, in addition to broad knowledge and expertise in the industry.
- Experience with interfacing at “C” level contact and demonstrates a detailed understanding of both the customers' sector and business drivers/challenges.
- Good understanding of Solutions Selling methodology and tools and applies these regularly to gain a better understanding of the customers' environment and manage the relationship.
- Proven ability to articulate value-focused selling approach.
- A high level of critical thinking, attention to details and persistence to get to goal
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.