Client Partner-Govt Sales ( 595917-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we do much more than selling technology. We secure the digital transformation of government. Verizon is trusted to protect the government connecting to the people and the outside world. We bring global leadership to deliver builds for government security through our local Gov. Security experts. You'll help our most important customers move their businesses forward. As a trusted advisor, you’ll create value for us and our customers by solving their business problems. You’ll bring a consultative selling approach and become a specialist for your customers and your peers by expertly packaging and tailoring our solutions to meet customer needs. Your role is critical to establishing us as the premier business partner in your accounts.
- Accelerating growth in a cabinet-level agency as well as looking to develop new strategic relationships.
- Understanding and evaluating industry, business, and customer trends to build strategic plans that drive sales.
- Developing deep relationships with your customers while getting to know their businesses, markets, and the challenges they face.
- Crafting creative solutions to help customers realize their goals.
- Selling Verizon products such as network, managed security, mobility, and other professional services to help our customers connect better and become more efficient.
- Creating winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
- Continuing to elevate Verizon’s relationships and revenue with our customers.
- Growing our business while delivering to our customers.
- Serving as a strong customer advocate.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy digging deep to really understand the customer’s vision along with their unique situation and challenges. You like putting things together in new and creative ways to best solve the customer’s most pressing needs. You look for win-win solutions wherever you can and enjoy collaborating with others. You’re not afraid of analytics and like to talk hard data. You understand that working with the federal government involves a lot of red tape; nonetheless works within their guidelines to uncover needs and motivation in order to present the best value with our products and services.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience selling both global complex network and security services.
- Experience acquiring new business, account development, and leadership.
- A track record of strategic sales at senior executive levels.
- Experience selling to or having knowledge of DOL (Labor).
- Experience selling IT/Telco services to the federal government.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Executive selling skills.
- Experience selling to or having knowledge of Department Of Labor.
- Successfully sold and delivered network and data center solutions like cloud computing, security and call center solutions, and CPE offerings.
- Developed large multinational and Fortune 500 account relationships.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral to effectively position new ideas.
- Persuaded and negotiated to create desired outcomes.
- Balanced multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Experience selling complex technical solutions and/or strategic solutions
- Experience exceeding challenging sales goals.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deals under tight timelines.
- Experience building a strong internal support team.
- Experience cultivating strong trusting customer relationships at the executive level.
- Experience bidding, selling to, and contracting with government agencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).