Sales Director, State & Local Government (Southeast) ( 595652-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Director of Sales will lead the State and Local Government & Education Sales organization driving excellence through strategic engagement to maximize sales efforts and revenue creation. In this role, you'll play a significant part in the overall success of our SLED organization by leading and developing sales leaders and their respective account teams and contributing to the overall strategies.
Other sales leadership responsibilities include....
- Developing and implementing the direct sales strategy for the sales channel.
- Contributing to the overall strategy for the sales channel.
- Ensuring regional/territory revenue targets are met
- Coordinating specialist product support and for Verizon bids, proposals, and solutions.
- Bid management and support on opportunities.
- Sales and process development, ensuring promotion of key messages, engagement of supporting functions, competitor analysis and market positioning, and raising the level of strategic services within the sales teams.
- Building and developing the team to provide the following services:
- Close monitoring of the sales funnel to ensure focus on key opportunities and close sales.
- Identifying and improving any issues that limit the sales of specific services.
- Ensuring that appropriate resources are applied to sales.
- Ensuring that the Sales teams have the right skills to identify, qualify, and close direct sales opportunities, including integration and network services opportunities.
- Providing an ‘expert’ level of sales support to the sales organization. Identifying, defining and solving customer needs.
- Identifying and monitoring weaknesses in the key products and in their competitive position in the market and to formalize this in regular feedback to the Product team.
- Providing bid management and support on large or complex opportunities.
- Developing processes to ensure appropriate resources are applied by supporting functions, including Training, cross-border Sales, Product Marketing, and Legal.
- Raising awareness and promote key messages through campaigns, incentives, workshops and roadshows.
- Working with other Sales teams to discuss and agree activities in region.
- Clearly demonstrating a quantitative improvement in Sales Order Value or complex opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience; Masters strongly desired
- 8+ years sales management experience (to include 2nd line management experience); specific experience selling into SLED accounts required
- Experience managing and influencing client relationships at the senior executive level; ability to present and interact with all levels of management
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to coach, mentor, and train others within Verizon and have the ability to educate key stakeholders; ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Proven leadership ability and knowledge of wireless industry
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, staff development and operations skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Office
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.