Mgr-Sales Ops & Eblmt ( 599483-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking a Sales Operations Manager to join our team and orchestrate the success of our Utilities and EV practices. The Sales Operations Manager will play an integral role in the success of these initiatives and the company by:
- Providing input into and defining the go to market strategy for Utilities - to include related areas such as Electric Vehicle to Grid
- Assisting in the design of the right sales tech stack based on organizational strategy, structure and processes
- Serving as the lead in the orchestration of the Utilities Sub-Practice rollout
- Servingas the lead of the orchestration of future sales sub-practice rollouts for the IIoT/Vehicles/Utilities organization
- Partnering with interlock teams to provide Salesforce and other tool enhancements, driving efficiencies and visibility into program performance
- Working with interlock partners to deliver on sub-practice enhancements; including training, compensation, collateral, etc.
- Proactively identifying obstacles or process inefficiencies and manage projects to streamline or automate sales processes
- Effectively collaboratingwith other business partners and departments such as Finance, Marketing, and Product Management etc.
Where you'll be working…
This position will preferentially work "hybrid" with a defined work location that includes work from home and as-neededofficedays near a valid USVBGVerizon AdministrativeOffice, with preference towards Verizon Connect locations: Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose,CA: Southfield, MI;Cary, NC;Charlotte, NC; Irving,TX;Ashburn,VA; West Valley City, UT and Basking Ridge, NJ.Additional locations for fully-remote work may be considered."
What we’re looking for...
You are naturally curious and inquisitive and you enjoy thinking up and trying out new ideas. Excellent understanding of the utilities industry, trends and impact related to communications demands and opportunities.
Efficiency is your middle name—you look for ways to make things better around every corner. Your can-do attitude helps you handle competing deadlines and overcome obstacles when challenges arise. You can inspire a team to work toward a shared goal and you’re able to communicate effectively with those in different roles, functions, and levels.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in utilities, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with the utilities industry and current trends.
- Experience in Sales / Business Operations.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to manage sales tools
- Knowledge in go-to-market and sales processes
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present content to general audiences
- Excellent organization skills.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of the utilities industry and current trends.
- Proven track record of creativity and innovation.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with great business sense.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pick up new skill sets quickly.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).