Client Partner - Government Sales ( 599375-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will help our most important customers move their business forward. As a trusted advisor, you’ll add value for us and our customers by solving their business problems. You’ll bring a consultative selling approach and become a specialist for your customers and your peers by expertly packaging and tailoring our solutions to meet customer needs. Your role is critical to establish us as the premier business partner in your accounts.
- Understanding and evaluating industry, business and customer trends to build strategic plans that drive sales.
- Developing deep relationships with your customers while getting to know their businesses, markets, and the challenges they face.
- Crafting creative solutions to help customers realize their goals.
- Selling services and data center solutions to help our customers connect better and become more efficient.
- Developing winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
- Demonstrating value so that customers choose our solution.
- Growing our business while making customers happy.
- Selling to DISA (Defense Information Systems Agency)
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy digging deep to really understand the customer’s vision along with their unique situation and challenges. You like putting things together in new and creative ways to best solve the customer’s most pressing needs. You look for mutually beneficial solutions wherever you can and enjoy collaborating with others. You’re not afraid of analytics and like to talk hard data.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience in account development and leadership.
- Knowledge of how DISA operates and/or experience selling and supporting DISA.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Secret Clearance or ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Ability to acquire a Government CAC.
- Experience selling network and data center solutions like cloud computing, security and call center solutions, and CPE offerings.
- Experience developing large multinational and Fortune five hundred account relationships.
- Communication skills to effectively position new ideas.
- Experience persuading and negotation effectively to create desired outcomes.
- Experience balancing multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Public Sector sales experience selling to DISA.
- TS clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.