Sales Agent (107350183)
**Sign-on bonus up to $6,000 for external candidates**
*Sales incentive earning potential currently capped at $25,000 per month
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Though most consumers understand the value of insurance, shopping for the right product can be overwhelming! Our customers need an advocate to help them navigate health insurance options and find the right solution for their needs. As an Inside Sales Agent, you will become a licensed expert in the individual insurance market and guide customers through a consultative process, helping them secure the coverage that best fits their individual needs and improves their lives. Our extensive training program paves the way for success, teaching you our technology, product portfolio, and sales methodology through hands-on instruction. You will handle customer interactions through inbound phone calls, where there is no cold calling or knocking on doors. We boast a fun and competitive work environment focused both on teamwork and individual success!
This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) position. Evenings and weekends may be required.
During training, new employees will be working a standard day shift. After successful completion of training, new employees will select from available shift options, keeping in mind our focus to support a work - life balance.
Onboarding & Training for Success:
- We facilitate a paid on-boarding and job specific training program, which includes obtaining your resident Life & Health license and its associated costs.
- We attain your non-resident licenses and execute appointments to sell products with various carriers.
- We have a proven track record of success in onboarding and training, including substantial opportunity for feedback, coaching and support.
- UnitedHealthcare is the largest and most recognized name in the health insurance space, currently ranked #5 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list
- Most of our sales leads are sourced from internal UHC websites and SEOs
- Our doctor and hospital networks for our UHONE products consist of a PPO & an EPO, representing over 1.2 million doctors and approximately 6,500 facilities coasts to coast with no referrals required. These networks are unmatched in the health insurance marketplace. You can offer our products with the backing and confidence of UnitedHealthcare!
- Respond via telephone or email to determine customer’s needs and present product recommendations through a consultative sales process
- Quote customers on available product options and accurately explain plan details
- Respond to questions from consumers regarding products, services, website logins or website navigation
- Data entry/ update CRM with customer data
- Conduct outgoing calls to provide answers and additional information to consumers
- Conduct outbound calls to existing customers as needed
- Build positive business relationships with clients to ensure continued interest in UnitedHealth Group’s products and services
- Achieve monthly performance goals and objectives as outlined by leadership
Compensation & Benefits:
- As a licensed insurance agent, your total compensation is determined by your ability to work hard, sell and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Compensation = Base pay + monthly sales incentive (Top performers have the opportunity to make 6K+ per month!)
- We offer unmatched employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, company sponsored life insurance, a generous matching 401k plan, a discounted company stock purchase plan, and generous paid time off
- We pride ourselves on supporting development and growth and providing opportunities for career advancement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher OR 10+ years of equivalent sales experience
- 1+ years or more of related experience including analyzing and problem solving for customers is required
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including strong keyboard and navigation skills, and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period and successfully complete the training program including demonstrating proficiency of the material
- State health/life license is not required at time of hire; however, hired individuals must obtain the necessary state health / life licensing within 30 days of employment. This expense will be covered by the company
- An additional $1,000 sign-on bonus is available if you have an active Health Insurance License in addition
- 1+ years sales experience in a telesales environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $19.23. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.00 to $21.63. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Insurance Sales Representative, Insurance, Sales, Telecommute, Nationwide, remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH