VP of Public Sector Sales - Telecommute in FL (107674108)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Public Sector Sales Executive for UnitedHealth Care throughout the state of Florida is responsible for broker/consultant and direct sales to public sector customers (municipality, school districts, labor and union).. The principal focus is the sale of new business to sophisticated customers with an emphasis on fully insured, self-funded ASO, and specialty lines of business including dental, vision and financial protection products. This individual has an indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts. This is a high-level individual contributor sales role tasked with new business procurement in the Public Sector markets throughout the state of Florida.
If you are located witihin the state of Florida, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- New Business Sales:
- Identifies potential healthcare business customers in the Public Sector market
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation
- Attains targeted sales goals for segment, region and health plan
- Produces sales resulting in profitable premium levels
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to develop and execute strategic winning sales plans
- May lead cross functional team to achieve positive sales results. Identifies opportunities for specialty / Enterprise products on all new sales
- Relationship building:
- Establishes and maintains important Risk Manager/City/State/K-12/Public Sector relationships
- Develops and maintains key internal relationships
- Political, influential external and internal relationship building skills
- Consultative value-added sales skills
- Identifies key brokers / consultants for management development
- Presents a positive image of UnitedHealth Group in the marketplace
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations, and local organizations
- Mentor sales executives, strategic account execs and account management staff where appropriate
- Maintains current knowledge of all UnitedHealth Care products, services, and underwriting practices and principles
- Effectively communicates UnitedHealth Group / UnitedHealth Care strategies and mission to the marketplace
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- 7+ years of experience managing the sales process for a full range Public Sector products to include Medical and Ancillary
- 3+ years of experience reviewing financials and underwriting
- Experience building and maintaining positive, constructive working relationships with senior level executives both internally and externally
- Proven track record of obtaining and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Degree
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.