VP Global Sales - Telecommute NE (112133564)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Vice President Global Sales has a primary responsibility for all business development activities in an assigned territory representing UnitedHealthcare’s multinational employer segment: UnitedHealthcare Global Solutions focused on market leading services, solutions and insurance products for globally mobile employee populations. They will have direct responsibility to build and maintain relationships and partnerships with the broker and consulting community, local UnitedHealthcare health plans, current and prospective UHC / UHCG clients and industry partners. Additional areas of primary responsibility include sales forecasting, pipeline development and management, territory development as well as managing the sales cycle of prospective clients in the region from beginning to end. This individual will be responsible for meeting or exceeding annual regional sales targets such as number of cases sold, total revenue and contribution to a national sales team goal. Products which the UHC Global Solutions VP of Sales will be responsible for selling include expatriate medical, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, and medical evacuation, Global Business Travel Medical, global medical assistance/evacuation and global risk (security) assistance and natural and political evacuation services. Additionally, they will act as a primary point of contact to introduce UnitedHealthcare Global’s additional business lines operating in Europe and South America where appropriate.
If you are located in the Northeast, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets and profitability goals
- Build and maintain distribution channel relationships
- Pipeline development, management and prioritization
- Develop proactive client specific business development strategies
- Manage RFPs inclusive of internal sales strategy calls, pricing calls, proposal development, finalist meetings and transition to implementation and client management
- Successfully follow up leads, write proposals, and initiate client contact and contact with key brokers and consultants
- Develop client and broker/consultant specific presentations and proposals
- Expand UHCG market presence
- Direct prospecting
- Territory development planning / business planning
- Coordinate in market events such as global forums, sponsorships, client or prospect events and/or broker events
- Create and utilize a disciplined sales strategy and approach with a focus on consultative selling
- Manage pipeline and participate in sales team pipeline activities
- Assist client management with sales opportunities
- Lead strategy calls with cross-functional team
- Actively participate in pricing calls
- Develop broker strategy for territory and provide updates on agreed upon cadence
- Schedule and facilitate broker meetings
- Maintain relationships with key personnel in UHC domestic
- Collaborate effectively with peers
- Partner with product to provide VOM
- Establish and maintain internal network
- Maintain high level of industry experience
- Build and maintain close and collaborative working relationship with Underwriting
- Maintain deep knowledge of UHG products and services
- Establish and maintain effective internal network within UHG
- Demonstrate and support UHG culture throughout the organization
- Communicate UHG value and differentiation on a consistent basis
- Demonstrate support of company-wide programs and initiatives
- Drive collaboration with departments outside of UHCG
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the group health insurance or related market with demonstrated performance in revenue generation
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal, written and demonstrated ability to present to an audience
- Experience in business to business sales with a focus on employee benefits
- Demonstrated ability to manage a sales territory independently while being a proactive member of the sales team
- Valid insurance license
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Work experience dealing with multinational corporations, expatriate populations, global travelers or international employee benefits
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.