Managing Partner - SLED Sales ( 605082-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Managing Partner in SLED Sales, you'll build, develop and lead an outstanding team of high performing sales professionals. With your expert leadership skills, you'll motivate and empower your sales team to deliver outstanding customer service and solutions to small and medium-sized customers to make their businesses run better, faster, and smarter. With your ongoing mentorship and development, you’ll drive the sales performance of your team.
- Enabling your team to deliver best-in-class customer service.
- Leading, developing and tracking your team’s performance.
- Developing and implementing strategies to acquire new business.
- Modeling effective sales strategies for your team to follow.
- Tracking and reporting key financial, budget, and sales metrics.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ve got a strong leadership presence and communicate clearly and effectively with all types of audiences. You’re agile and can think quickly on your feet to solve problems and address issues in the moment. People see you as a coach and mentor – you view your team’s accomplishments as your key indicator for success.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Sales experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Eligibility to pass Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Government sales experience in the SLED vertical preferred.
- Met or exceeded challenging sales targets.
- Led a high performing sales team. Ideally, in a commissions-based environment.
- Crafted compelling sales proposals, business cases, and value propositions.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.