Client Partner BD-SLED Sales
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Client Partner – Business Development at Verizon, you'll play a key role in driving strategic growth in a subset of key top-identified government accounts. You’ll act as a resource for all things government sales spanning both wireline & wireless solutions, providing long-range strategic planning for the growth of top accounts, managing C-level relationships, and providing industry-specific knowledge. You’ll also provide competitive intelligence, position Verizon competitively, and provide guidance regarding product management and marketing.
You’ll also architect and execute strategic account plans to ensure Verizon solutions align with clients’ business challenges. You’ll provoke, uncover, nurture, and assist in closing complex, integrated solutions which enable clients to realize their objectives. You’ll educate government representatives on contract pricing and processes as well as solutions and sales strategies. You’ll collaborate with leaders, HQ, and Public Sector Marketing on strategy and coordinating events, activities, communication, and social media.
- Working with government sales teams to seek out new growth opportunities.
- Developing and providing expertise for all offerings, products, and services applicable to the government space.
- Educating sales teams on innovative solutions that address current and future customer needs.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to deliver on regional performance objectives.
- Meeting with elected officials and C-level executives in agencies to establish and foster executive sponsorship in the Verizon-Agency relationship.
- Building trusting relationships with customers.
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities and engaging cross-functional resources to position Verizon for success.
- Responding to Request For Proposals (RFPs).
- Negotiating contracts and managing them to completion.
- Building customer reference databases and collecting referenceable accounts.
- Presenting to various audiences at executive meetings, customer demos, and trade shows.
- Utilizing sales force automation, funnel management, and prospecting tools to develop business.
- Using social media to promote Verizon’s solutions in partnership with reference accounts.
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience providing thought leadership to major public sector clients.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 50%.
Even better if you have:
- A master’s degree in a relevant technical, engineering, or business area.
- Proficiency in contract management and procurements processes.
- Experience establishing and fostering relationships with C-level executives.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification.
- Demonstrated industry/segment expertise and insight.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate and present information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience developing a sales force and training and re-engineering for solutions-based selling.
- Experience consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Experience working successfully within a matrixed organization.
- Experience using social media in a professional setting.
- Experience serving as a consultant to state, local, and educational customers.
- Experience negotiating contracts with the closure of at least five hundred million in TCV.
- Experience developing business cases based on TCO/ROI/ROIC techniques.
- Experience with direct sales and consortia-based commercial relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.