Senior Solutions Sales Specialist - 5G MEC Transformation
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In your role as a 5G MEC solutions specialist, you’ll be working with global enterprise and public sector organizations to create, build, and deliver industry driven 5G/Edge driven value streams to unlock customer transformations.
- Driving enterprise business transformation selling and the technologies associated with such a solution, including ERP software, 5G, private networks, edge compute, professional, and managed services.
- Leveraging an outcome driven approach by looking at industry pain points, client challenges and laying out new innovative solutions that tie the relevance of 5G / MEC and ecosystem driven solutions.
- Translating the customer’s needs into a business case that makes sense for the client to realize the transformation journey.
- Taking part in opportunity qualification / validation, responsible to develop an account close plan in partnership with VBG’s global sales force, to ensure successful and timely win (e.g., meeting management, aligning stakeholders, management of deliverables, and objectives).
- Driving account / opportunity close plan managing the timely execution of milestones and timelines.
- Partnering with sales and other stakeholders to identify, and resolve any obstacles/ challenges to drive timely execution and achieve deal progression and closure.
This position can be located in other valid Verizon domestic Hub locations.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
This is primarily a partner and customer-facing solution sales role, and as such you will require excellent sales and relationship management skills with a proven track record in developing trusted business relationships with decision makers up to boardroom/C-level.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a sales quota carrying position.
- Experience in transformational ICT sales (e.g., software defined networking, unified communications, managed network services, cloud services and digital security). Private 5G network deployment, edge use cases, manage services.
- Experience selling to enterprise and global customers.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- A valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Good interpersonal and client-facing skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work across a matrix of internal and external partners, including Verizon’s Systems Integrator and Cloud partner ecosystem.
- Ability to translate the impacts of edge related use cases into meaningful client transformation activities, and own the progression and deal closure plans.
- Knowledge of business development lifecycles and associated best practice methodology.
- Knowledge of detail orientation.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial spirit or background.
- Ability to understand the changing dynamics of a client opportunity and the teams that are required to win the opportunity.
- Ability to bring these teams together and drive a productive, collaborative and successful account/opportunity execution plan.
- Ability to influence and motivate others to achieve timely success and associated milestones.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.