Senior Data Sales Specialist
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You'll be on the front lines in the hunt for new medium to large sized business customers and growing our existing ones. You'll use your consulting skills to identify customer challenges and provide our products and services to help them. You'll use your drive and expertise to develop and deliver our solutions that won't just satisfy our clients, but delight them. Because here, we make it easy for customers to do business with us, by listening, anticipating, and responding to their needs.
- Identifying and pursuing new sales leads.
- Helping our customers fall in love with our products and services.
- Packaging solutions or building new ones to meet the customer need.
- Closing sales and agreements.
- Following up to make sure our customers stay happy-and to see how else we can help.
- Forecasting sales and tracking progress.
- Ensuring customers are trained on purchased products.
- Successful completion of motor vehicle report check is required.
that customers feel that they get what they need to move forward.
With your technical savvy and business perspective, you understand how to communicate the value of complex solutions in language people can understand. Client service is your middle name. You know that the individual and team success will only be achieved with customer success.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience selling technical solutions.
- Willingness to travel within your assigned geographic area up to approximately 50% of the time.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Technical design and engineering experience. Ideally, communications or networks.
- Knowledge of wireless services and benefits of data, voice, cloud, managed services IT, security, and/or mobility solutions. Ideally, M2M exposure.
- Negotiated and contracted for complex technical solutions.
- Created detailed project plans covering technical specifications and requirements, and milestones for complex technical solutions.
- Worked on a sales team and met challenging sales targets.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.