Data and AI Technology Sales Specialist - Midwest (IL/WI)
At IBM, our clients have the future in mind. Our job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s Data and AI sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries, which means you have a hand in changing how the world works. We’re driven by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. IBMers can access our entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine. We use line of business focused analytic solutions, spanning multiple Cloud platforms, to help businesses extract critical insights and transform how they serve their clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
A Technology Sales Specialist role (what we internally call a, 'Brand Sales Specialist') in IBM's Data & AI brand means accelerating enterprises' success by improving their ability to understand their data. It means providing solutions that enable people across organizations, in multiple roles, the ability to turn data into actionable insights without having to wait for IT. And it means selling multi-award winning software, and world-class design practices that enables business analysts to ask new questions. The answers to which are literally shaping the future and changing the world.
Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you'll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Brand Sales Specialist you'll work closely with clients to develop relationships, understand their needs, earn their trust and show them how IBM's industry leading solutions will solve their problems whilst delivering value to their business.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintain Client Relationships and Showcase IBM's Tech Value: Actively maintain and nurture client relationships while effectively highlighting the value of IBM's technology solutions.
- Utilize Solution-Selling Skills: Apply solution-selling techniques to engage with decision-makers, assess and qualify opportunities, and establish enduring partnerships.
- Oversee the Full Sales Process: Take charge of the entire sales process, from handling RFI/RFP responses to meeting key performance indicators (KPIs). The focus is on acquiring new business and expanding existing accounts.
- Collaborate with IBM's Sales Network: Work in cooperation with IBM's sales ecosystem to develop and execute sales campaigns, ultimately leading to the growth of the sales pipeline.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’re an entrepreneur - who likes to run a business and know that owning your own growth strategies and pipeline generation is fundamental to your success.
- Ability to lead and collaborate with several teams within IBM and partners externally
- Multiple years of direct, face to face customer selling experience
- Work across industry verticals and drive customized GTM strategies as needed to build pipeline and win new business
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Customer care and client experience solutions
About Business Unit
With data spread across multiple clouds in different formats it's difficult for our clients to achieve their AI-driven analytic ambitions.
IBM's industry-leading data fabric solution solves this by presenting a 'single pane of glass' view, and a set of integrated tools for business analysts, data scientists, and data engineers to consistently deliver strategy shaping insights. Quickly and consistently.
Join us and help continually introduce new clients to trail-blazing Data & AI solutions their enterprises desperately need, now and for the foreseeable future.
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
Being You @ IBM