Foot & Ankle Sales Associate - Alaska (R444567)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Position Title: Foot & Ankle Sales Associate
Who we want
- Hard-working winners. Committed, loyal and results-oriented salespeople who create a track record of success.
- Persuasive influencers. People who understand market positioning and can use their relationship skills and depth of knowledge to secure buy-in, cooperation, and loyalty.
- Organized self-starters. Salespeople who create and maintain precise inventory control to ensure they can initiate the implementation of a solution with the proper product or tool.
- Mission-driven salespeople. Fiercely intense representatives who work whatever hours necessary to live out their purpose of changing people’s lives and making healthcare better.
What you will do
- The Foot & Ankle Sales Associate will partner closely with Sales Representative(s) in the area to quickly learn the medical device industry and Foot & Ankle business, and then contribute to the growth of that business in the assigned territory. He/she will partner with the Sales Rep(s) in all aspects of the sales call pattern, including but not limited to, covering cases in the assigned territory, marketing and promotion of the products in the assigned accounts, building of sets, managing inventory, and, as they learn and grow, beginning to convert customers to Stryker.
- Attend surgeries in which Stryker Foot & Ankle products are used, to ensure all products are available for surgeon use in each case and to instruct surgeons regarding product use and functionality.
- Educate and inform doctors, nurses, and appropriate staff personnel as to the proper use and maintenance of Stryker products, product functionality and updates, changes to product portfolio, and educational programs.
- Work with sales teams to contact customers in order to identify sales opportunities, deliver excellent customer service, and further develop the customer relationship.
- Identify the needs of new prospects, in conjunction with the assigned Sales Representative, and develop appropriate responses.
- Following extensive product training, tailor Stryker’s promotional message based upon knowledge of the customer, advise on appropriate product selection, answer customer questions about product functionality and distinguish Stryker products from those of Stryker’s competitors.
- Perform field calls for the account(s) and assigned territory.
- Assist in the implementation of new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to competitively position the organization. Partner with the Sales Representative and organization to meet and exceeding business targets (quotas).
- Serve as the primary backup contact for Sales Representative(s). Acquire a basic understanding of the field to include regulatory compliance issues and adhere to these guidelines.
- Assist in the resolution of any problems or questions that arise in account(s).
- Partner with Sales Rep(s) on inventory management and building of proper inventory levels and sets to meet customer needs.
- Assist and partner with Sales Rep(s) in acquiring and processing Customer Purchase Orders (POs) for proper invoicing. Maintain training in sales skills and products.
- Market the product line to customers, based upon knowledge of functionality, features, and factors that differentiate Stryker’s Foot & Ankle products from those of its competitors. Remain current on industry, customer, and competitive trends.
- Participate in and attend sales meetings and professional association meetings outside of regular business hours.
- Consistently adhere to compliance and the principles of responsibility (AdvaMed) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information; protecting the assets of the organization; acting with ethics and integrity; reporting non-compliance; and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements, and Company’s policies and procedures.
What you need
- To be successful in this role bring your strong multitasking ability, ability to read and sell to any audience, drive to achieve and succeed, aptitude to learn medical and technical information quickly, ability to build strong, lasting relationships, a strong work-ethic and a competitive nature
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years of sales experience preferred
- Come ready to make a difference…fast!
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Coworkers committed to achieving more and winning the right way
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.