Sales Specialist - Tampa, FL - Sports Medicine (R454075)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Works directly with a Sales Representative to help aid with the planning, directing and coordination of the selling of Stryker products to physicians in specific hospitals and surgery centers. Must perform in accordance with budgeted objectives and obtain maximum profitability and volume in relation to pre-set standards.
- Assists Sales Representatives in the promotion and sales of Stryker products in specific hospitals and surgery centers.
- Educates and informs doctors, nurses, and appropriate staff personnel as to the proper use and maintenance of Stryker Products.
- Ensures protection of current business and looks to build upon it in a timely manner
- May assist in the preparation and operation of trade shows, conventions, and/or clinical meetings.
- Keeps sales representative and regional manager informed of territory progress on a regular basis.
- Solves product problems for customers in an expeditious fashion.
- Managing and maintaining a sample inventory of products.
- Must understand and adhere to all OR and pertinent OSHA guidelines when conducting a product evaluation.
- Must exhibit a base understanding of computers for best utilization of Stryker SIS program.
- Must adhere rigidly to all GMP policies and procedures as stipulated by the FDA.
- 0-2 years in an outside sales position (medical related fields is preferable).
- B.A. or B.S. degree required.
- Field sales training--In field training.
- In-house product training program.
- Computer training.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
- Must be able to communicate telephonically.
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. fax, modem, calculator, PC, etc.).
- Up to 10% overnight travel annually.
- Must be able to drive an automobile.
- Must be able to routinely negotiate price and terms of transactions between Stryker and its customers.
- Must be able to readily solve customer complaints.
- Must have fundamental command of all products and be able to disseminate this knowledge to the customer.
- Must be able to follow instructions from sales representative and regional manager
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.