Sales Director - Federal Public Safety ( 572569-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Sales Director of Federal Public Safety will lead a team of Wireline and Wireless sales professionals to grow the DHS / DOJ / DOT and others, by deepening customer relationships, generating opportunities, and closing sales to exceed revenue, bookings, and growth targets for the territory.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Leading a high-performing, motivated team of leaders and account team to meet and exceed revenue, bookings, and growth targets for both Wireline and Wireless business segments within the territory.
- Developing and implementing the direct Wireline and Wireless sales strategy to drive GDP+ growth through above the network services and solutions.
- Developing and implementing a partner strategy for the business.
- Contributing to the overall growth strategy for the Federal business.
- Building C-Level customer relationships in top accounts.
- Ensuring territory revenue, bookings, and growth targets are met and take remedial steps as necessary. Reviewing and monitoring monthly sales results and employee scorecard to determine any performance management actions that needs to be taken. Ensuring proper development plans are put in place to drive improvement and progress.
- Collaborating with capture, proposal, partner, solutions architects, and specialist product support to ensure winning Verizon bids, proposals, and solutions.
- Improving sales and process development, ensuring promotion of key messages, engagement of supporting functions, competitor analysis and market positioning, and raising the level of strategic services within the sales teams.
What we’re looking for...
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience; Masters strongly desired
- 10+ years sales management experience; specific experience selling to Federal accounts required; knowledge of Wireline and Wireless industries required
- 7+ years of experience leading teams; an outstanding, hands-on executive leader with proven managerial abilities; excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to coach, mentor, and train others within Verizon and have the ability to educate key stakeholders; ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Experience managing and influencing client relationships at the senior executive level; ability to present and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment; highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, staff development, and operations skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.