Sales Associate - Boise, Idaho - Sports Medicine (R456397)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
What you will do
As a sales associate in our Sports Medicine specialty, you’ll be the face of Stryker products. You will be assisting Sales Representatives in the sales, promotion and marketing of Stryker products. You will educate and inform doctors, nurses, and appropriate staff personnel as to the proper use and maintenance of Stryker products, product functionality and updates, changes to product portfolio, and educational programs.
Following extensive product training, the employee must be able to tailor Stryker’s promotional message based upon knowledge of the customer, advise on appropriate product selection, answer customer questions about product functionality and distinguish Stryker products from those of Stryker’s competitors. Every day is unique – our best sales reps have the freedom to adjust their time to focus on what will bring the most value to their customers and their market. You’ll have the privilege to not only represent one of the world’s leading medical device brands, but also impact patient care.
What you need
- 0-2 years in an outside sales position (medical related fields is preferable).
- B.A. or B.S. degree required.
- Field sales training--In field training.
- Successful completion of in-house product training program.
- Seeking a passionate leader of self, people & process, and organization with the following attributes:
- Confident communicators. Influential individuals who command the direction of a sales conversation and persuade others to buy into an idea or product, whether it’s over the phone, via email or in-person.
- Charismatic networkers. Influential partners who proactively reach out and engage with internal and external contacts to build powerful relationships.
- Strategic closers. Assertive sales leaders who stop at nothing to seal the deal, and who are known for continuously exceeding their quarterly sales quota.
- Trusted partners. Subject matter experts who both internal and external partners turn to for product knowledge and guidance.
- Competitive achievers. Persistent, results-driven individuals who will stop at nothing to fulfill Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
Additional responsibilities and duties
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
- Must be able to communicate telephonically.
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. fax, modem, calculator, PC, etc.).
- Up to 20% overnight travel annually. • Must be able to drive an automobile.
- Must be able to routinely negotiate price and terms of transactions between Stryker and its customers.
- Must be able to readily solve customer complaints and questions.
- Must have command of all products, including functionality, features, and factors that differentiate Stryker products from its competitors’ products, and be able to disseminate this knowledge to the customer.
- Must be able to analyze territory market potential prioritize call patterns accordingly.
What we offer
- A culture driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results.
- Coworkers committed to collaboration and winning the right way.
- Quality products that improve the lives of our customers and patients.
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career.