Sales Leader ( 587675-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Location Technology organization provides customers with location solutions that solve current challenges and equips them to address challenges of the future. We build core and next-generation location technology for Verizon and the world. Verizon Location Technology helps bridge the physical and digital worlds using the power of location intelligence. We are an agile and curious team, and we take pride in our work and value the customer experience above all else.
As the Sales Sr. Manager, you will be responsible for winning, keeping, and growing customers in this exciting new market. This is a direct sales role where you will work with a cross-section of accounts, primarily enterprises, helping them get more out of their spaces using the power of location technology.
You will be responsible for growing top-line revenue across our suite of location products. You will be passionate about delivering results to the customer and will understand how best to communicate those results both to the customer and Verizon Location Technology leadership. You are a driven self-starter with a high level of personal integrity who can collaborate across teams. This position represents a key element of the organization which will deploy, evolve, and support cutting-edge technology now and over the coming years.
The primary accountabilities associated with this position include:
- Growing top-line revenue and driving adoption of Verizon’s location technology solutions focused on enabling businesses and enterprises to get more from their physical spaces and business processes.
- Sales Management - building and leading the Verizon Location Technology sales organization as business successfully grows.
- Direct responsibility for North America.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that will include work from home and assigned office days as set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of sales experience in a technology-oriented business.
- Sales experience in a SaaS environment.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience negotiating agreements with business stakeholders, procurement, senior management, and C-level executives.
- Experience working closely with the Verizon sales teams to support actionable territory and account-specific growth plans and executing.
- Experience in managing a sales organization.
- Experience consistently meeting quarterly sales targets and MBOs.
- Experience supporting the sales cycle from hello through negotiation and close.
- Experience prospecting and qualifying a combination of outbound and inbound prospects.
- Experience performing customer-focused product demos using web tools and in-person to prospects and customers.
- Experience developing proposals and quotes.
- Experience managing renewals for your portfolio of customers.
- Experience teaming with Customer Success and Support teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Experience providing input to Marketing, Product, and leadership on market and customer trends.
- The ability to foster relationships both internally and externally.
- The ability to diligently document activities and progress in Salesforce CRM.
- A proven track-record in meeting and exceeding sales targets.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).