At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Brand Sales Specialist - Security Software, you are IBM’s account executive responsible for the security software business across a territory of named accounts in the US National Market, Midwest Region. You will play a pivotal role in driving our security software solutions with existing and new clients.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute sales strategies to meet and exceed revenue targets for IBM Security Software
- Demonstrating knowledge of IBM’s security portfolio and effectively communicating their value to clients
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as technical experts, SME, and architects to drive successful sales outcomes.
- Identifying and engaging existing and potential clients to understand their security challenges, controls, and policies and aligning how IBM’s security portfolio can meet these requirements.
- Ability to engage and understand business outcomes across a wide range of roles within an organization (Technical to C-level)
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with existing and new clients to foster long-term partnerships.
- Conduct qualification calls, presentations, pricing, and deal negotiations with clients while showcasing the value of IBM’s Security solutions to new and prospective clients.
- Proactively identify and build new sales opportunities and successfully manage them through the sales process.
- Participate in industry events, conferences, and networking activities to promote IBM’s security software portfolio.
- Maintain accurate sales records and reporting through internal tools (CRM).
- Results Driven: A initiative-taker with a strong drive for achieving and exceeding sales targets and contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Strong Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Problem- Solving: Proactively identifying creative solutions to internal or client challenges to drive overall success.
- Customer Centric: Demonstrated commitment to understanding and addressing client pain points and providing an exceptional experience with IBM.
- Leadership: Ability to take the initiative, lead discussions, and influence decision-making processes to drive successful sales outcomes.
Preferred Location: Kansas City, MO, St. Louis, MO; Oklahoma City, OK; or surrounding metropolitan areas and be able to travel throughout the region.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Sales experience, preferably in the IT or cybersecurity industry, with a focus on selling enterprise-level security solutions.
- Process oriented and able to use an industry-recognized sales methodology for opportunity and sales cycle management.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record selling enterprise-level security solutions.
- Minimum 3+ years in an enterprise level account management role.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees may have access to: - Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being - Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs - Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law - Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals - Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year. This position was posted on the date cited in the key job details section and is anticipated to remain posted for 21 days from this date or less if not needed to fill the role. This position is eligible for participation in an IBM Sales Incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change. The compensation range listed for this position is the IBM Reference Salary that is used when you are not actively participating in a sales plan. Your actual base pay plus incentive opportunity will be determined by the Incentive Plan assigned to you. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law. US Citizenship required
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.