Regional Sales Director - Security Detection and Automation (North America) ( R-00062726 )
The Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation’s mission is to transform global security to create a frictionless, fully-integrated security technology ecosystem that enables the safe, healthy, and efficient movement of people and commerce. Our primary markets are domestic and international regulated aviation, ports & borders and other critical infrastructure.
As a Regional Sales Director for SD&A, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the execution of the full business development life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. This position will be accountable for the North America region product sales to customers. The successful candidate will be a proven sales leader and key member of the SD&A operation with primary responsibilities for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will execute sales and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration.
- Achieves team booking revenue plan and sets appropriate objectives and forecasting accuracy for sales distributors and representatives to meet desired revenue goals. Forecasting of agents and representatives is reviewed on a monthly basis, at a minimum.
- Establishes a rolling twelve (12) month bookings pipeline that is reviewed and updated on a weekly basis.
- Plans a thirty six (36) month sales funnel for the region reviewed twice a year
- Qualifies and directs sales activities for sales representatives and sales agents in the assigned region, compliant with corporate/division guidelines.
- Support the team in account management and regional sales wherever and whenever necessary, incl. business development, lead generation, customer qualification, proposal delivery, and contract negotiation.
- Understands and assimilates the latest technologies and market data to create account propositions and competitive solutions for high value opportunities.
- Establishes a communication path between the company and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops and supports timely resolution to customer issues.
- Responsible for maintaining bookings opportunities and customer contacts in the Company’s customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Identifies, qualifies, and negotiates channel alliances with domestic and international organizations (i.e. integrators, manufacturers, service providers) to leverage market coverage.
- Assists sales, support, and marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training, or market research in planning and executing projects.
- Assembles and leads multi-disciplinary teams to recommend new application and product features and strategy for the strategic account or territory.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12 years of related business development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of international sales experience and domain expertise
- Organize and execute significant BD activities, including building pipelines, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to interact and build relationships with key customer organizations and industry partners
- Proven track record of winning new business and pipeline management across multiple customer organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar new business sales quotas.
- Travel as required, up to 50% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Established relationships and experience winning new business with key domestic (e.g. TSA) and international customers
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in aviation security or border security