Senior UX Writer and Content Strategist - Remote (110989815)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Design (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
We are seeking an empathetic UX Writer & Content Strategist to join our cross-functional design studio. A good candidate is someone with experience crafting relevant, compelling and conversational UX content to meet consumer needs and drive behavior change. Most writing is short-form microcopy that is functional and backed by user data. You'll be expected to knowledgably contribute to a holistic UX strategy and content strategy across channels and devices in support of the user’s journey. Our team, which focuses on our core digital capabilities that are intended for all audiences, recognizes the power of consumer data and insights to inform both strategic and tactical design decisions. Creating foundational design systems requires someone who is a systems-thinker, who can design at scale with an entrepreneurial mindset.
To know more about Optum Technology, click here.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Lower 48 United States only.
- Create useful and meaningful content that will help the users find information and complete their tasks effectively
- Work closely with the design, product, and strategy teams as well as other key business stakeholders to understand user needs and determine the best content design
- Develop clear and engaging content and microcopy that is consistent with the brand language and tone
- Perform content audit and analysis to assess how well existing content is performing
- Ability to come up with diverse creative solutions and test with users
- Drive consistency in content across all portals and experiences
- Perform content gap analyses to determine what type of content is missing and what is needed
- Develop a solid understanding of our audience to inform the content style and format that will be best suited for them
- Collaborate with others to ensure that the content best meets the member needs, regulatory requirements, and legal requirements
- Measure and track the effectiveness of the content
- Interpret analytics, voice of the customer, market feedback, user research and any relevant collateral as needed
- Be the voice of the customer in any content related decisions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience creating content for large digital websites and applications
- Experience and proven ability to work across a matrixed multi-tiered organization with different businesses and teams, and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Experience working with user data to make informed decisions (such as usage data, analytics, and user research data)
- Solid portfolio of work, including a link at top of resume with any required passwords
- Experience presenting to stakeholders and executives
- Experience or working knowledge of writing for web accessibility
- Experience in using A / B and multi-variate testing information and analytics to identify improvements and continually optimize based on data and defined success measures
- Clinical or healthcare experience
- Knowledge of health literacy and plain language writing guidelines
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills with a diligent eye for detail
- Is flexible and comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Has a natural storyteller’s character and a knack for natural dialogue
- Bias toward action and innovative big-picture thinking
- Willingness to invest time to understand our target markets, and consumers, and demonstrate a willingness to change course
- Ability to shift seamlessly from strategic to tactical
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.