Senior and Principal Full Stack Software Engineers - Telecommute (111674841)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Digital as a Senior or Principal Full Stack Software Engineer. You will have the role of champion for quality and engineering best practices and mentoring junior engineers while bringing a fun and energizing experience to work every day.
These positions include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
To know more about Optum Technology, click here.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant code; ratio of Backend to Front End will vary depending on the team and your interest and skills)
- Build high-scale systems, libraries, frameworks and create test plans
- Establish and Implement software best practices
- Provide mentorship and feedback for other team members
- Build new products (web and/or mobile in React)
- Foster culture of quality and engineering excellence
- Evolve existing products
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Be a member of a cross functional team focused on building new tools to create awareness and engagement with the full range of tools and services available digitally
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- Product quality along with the team. Support the application and keep the quality bar high
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of development experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like React, React Native, Angular and/or Typescript
- 4+ years of development experience in Scala, Java, or other JVM language
- 4+ years of Experience with web and/or mobile development with relation to User interface and design
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of development experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like React, React Native, Angular and/or Typescript
- 6+ years of development experience in Scala, Java, or other JVM language
- 6+ years of Experience with web and/or mobile development with relation to User interface and design
- 3+ years of experience with Redux
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience with CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead, Software Developer, Work From Home, WFH, Remote