Senior Vice President, Marketing and Customer Operations - Telecommute (107636145)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Vice President of Marketing and Customer Operations will lead marketing operations and provide strategic leadership towards transforming and delivering greater value across our end-to-end marketing and customer-focused services. Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Customer Officer, this person will drive results, spur growth and increase the overall efficiency of the Optum Marketing & Customer Team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establish enterprise operational standards and create processes, procedures, and monitoring for governance and compliance
- Partner across Optum Consumer Office & Enterprise Marketing Leadership Team to define and track key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary for overall marketing delivery, including leadership of shared operations such as campaign management and measurement of overall effectiveness
- Establishing and implementing business processes, including automation and enabling technology
- Provide executive oversight of capital and budget management for Optum Consumer Office & Marketing, including achievement on return on investment
- Lead the marketing capabilities strategy and operating model, collaborating across the organization on a marketing technology strategy that accelerates marketing operations efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure marketing spend, technology, and processes are managed to deliver maximum impact
- Lead key UnitedHealth Group enterprise-wide customer operational modernization and transformation initiatives (e.g., paperless)
- Use strategic insights to drive action, alignment, prioritization, and ongoing measurement
- Agency and vendor performance management
- Lead efforts to ensure legal and compliance requirements are met across the Marketing and Customer organization
- Continue to advance federal and state policy and advocacy to improve experiences
- Physical asset management, including innovation center operations & production facilities
- Identify opportunities to bring together and optimize marketing operations to support customer excellence
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Demonstrated people leadership abilities
- Proven track record of cultivating a high-performance employee culture in service of our consumers
- Demonstrated experience setting vision and delivering on a marketing and consumer-oriented strategy
- Demonstrated systems thinking, curiosity, and mindset for innovation
- Proven experience leading enterprise-wide transformation and change
- Demonstrated operationally minded leader with experience leading operational excellence
- Demonstrated financial acumen and ability to articulate ROI and business value
- Proven excellent communication and relationship skills, especially in a matrixed environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Technical depth in Marketing and Consumer functions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $350,000 to $425,000. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $350,000 to $425,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.