Vice President - Talent Marketing - Minnetonka, MN or Telecommute (107747086)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The VP of Global Talent Marketing is a key leadership position within the UnitedHealth Group Talent Office. This role is the strategic owner of the Employer Value Proposition, ensuring alignment with the broader brand strategy and leveraged across the end-to-end talent lifecycle. Driving the strategic global Talent Marketing strategy framework, this role will form, consult, guide and align the Enterprise Talent Marketing strategy with brand, business and talent strategies, both globally and by country. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading a global talent marketing team responsible for engaging, informing, cultivating experiences and building relationships with existing and potential talent regarding their fit to their role and the organization while tailoring to the needs and cultural considerations of particular talent functions and geographies. This leader will leverage consumer marketing best practices to define next-level talent marketing and employer branding practices and strategies that create and maintain a highly impactful experience reflective of the Enterprise Business and Employer brands.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Minnetonka, MN preferred.
- Drive strategic decisions and alignment of the UnitedHealth Group EVP with both the business consumer brands and the talent experience
- Work in close partnership with the Global Marketing teams across the Enterprise and the UHC and Optum Talent Offices to successfully create, align, guide and marry business strategies with the enterprise talent strategies and roadmaps, as well as high-level strategies from other parts of the organization
- Analyze and assess consumer, talent and market trends, applying key insights to new and existing talent marketing strategies and processes
- Develop and articulate a vision and strategy for enterprise talent marketing. Execute and flex strategy to various scenarios, tracking and debriefing business outcomes
- Understands & knows the UnitedHealth Group business model, as well as the businesses that comprise it and the role they play in the larger model. Understands the unique needs of the business and the implications for talent with the nuance by geography in the talent marketing & employer branding eco-system
- Maintain solid relationship management with key stakeholders across the business, human capital and enterprise teams, as well as external marketing partners and agencies
- Ensure effective research and use of personas, journey mapping and moments that matter for talent experiences across the enterprise
- Partner with technology teams across the enterprise (marketing technology, human capital systems) to ensure an effective use of modern technologies that drive a positive experience for our candidates, applicants, employees and alumni
- Partner with the enterprise talent marketing team to deliver employer brand strategies, campaigns, and advocacy initiatives that maintain the integrity of UnitedHealth Group’s employment brand while serving to build/maintain our reputation as a place to work among current and potential talent pools
- Maximize, obtain and distribute talent marketing resources aligned to priorities and goals, and/or secure enterprise marketing resources, to maximize return for the organization while enabling the team to do their best work
- Cultivate a global talent marketing “team of teams” and “community of practice” which reflects, realizes and brings to life our United Culture and five core values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
- Lead and mentor professionals in order to build and maintain high performance teams. Responsible for Enterprise Talent Marketing content strategy and engagement strategy planning, development and execution while closely partnering with the enterprise and business teams, as well as external partners
- Lead a data-driven organization, including prioritization of capabilities, evolution in process and ongoing measurement of effectiveness
- Understands and consistently follows marketing processes. Able to consult with others on marketing processes and roles
The successful candidate:
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment; with periods of uncertainty and ambiguity. Ability to make decisions and craft a way forward with strategic and probability thinking while minimizing the ambiguity and uncertainty for others
- Able to function effectively against numerous, ambitious business plans and objectives
- Drive new talent attraction strategies that are innovative to compete in the talent marketplace
- Practices an innovation and growth mindset that is always open and learns broadly
- Is energized by new challenges and never-been-done-before situations
- Sets ambitious stretch goals, demonstrates initiative and motivates others with enthusiasm
- Practices transparency in their actions and decisions
- Understands the bigger picture of how various systems and strategies operate interdependently and manages enterprise wide alignment of organizational systems. Utilizes the right system levers for change and organizational stability
- Fosters productive dialog and solicits diverse opinions to lead to better problem-solving and decision making for Optum and the enterprise
- Demonstrates a commitment to securing, assessing, mentoring and coaching talent within their team and across the organization with a focus on long term career building
- Anticipates, prepares and facilitates their team members thru the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity endemic of our business and marketplace
- Crafts a globally diverse workforce with a multi-cultural and cross generational mindset. Diversifies their own perspective by becoming a student of cultural differences and how the economy/talent operates in different cultures. Is multi-culturally savvy and sensitive
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of demonstrated success building/leading marketing teams and delivering value through driving exceptional digital and mobile experiences aligned to business outcomes
- 15+ years of consumer marketing and/or blend of consumer marketing and talent marketing experience
- 15+ years of business and strategy leadership experience
- 10+ years proven thought-leadership and a record of results in employment branding, talent marketing, and employee advocacy
- 10+ years of experience working globally across organizational boundaries (vertically and horizontally)
- 10+ years of experience with digital platforms and HR Technology critical to delivering an exceptional candiate and employee experiences
- 10+ years of experience managing agile teams and working with external marketing and agency partners to support talent marketing initiatives
- 10+ years of experience with Inspirational and adaptive leadership, promoting innovation and collaboration and fostering commitment to a vision
- 10+ years of experience demonstrating persuasive skills and diplomacy to influence outcomes without hierarchical authority
- 10+ years of exerience demonstrating a passion for innovation, quality, talent experience and efficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Exceptional verbal and written communicaitons skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $174,600 to $332,200. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $174,600 to $332,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.