IBM Research AI Models Science Internship
The MIT-IBM Watson AI lab is seeking outstanding students for a summer internship. During the internship you will work in small groups under the mentorship of experienced researchers, addressing problems at the forefront of artificial intelligence. Areas of research include, but not limited to, new architectures and algorithms for training, fine-tuning, and applying generative models for language, code, and other modalities. Job responsibilities may include identifying and defining research problems, developing prototype solutions, designing experimental setups to test hypotheses and improve your solutions, and communicating results via patent applications and paper publications at top-quality conferences.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is for a 2024 summer internship with the following start dates: May - August or June - September for quarter system schools.
The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is seeking students for its 2024 internship program. Interns will join small teams working on cutting edge research projects in areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, quantum computing, security and more. We have many internship positions available and are seeking highly motivated students with relevant background and proven research experience who can work independently with the latest tools in these focus areas.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Candidates must be enrolled in a Master’s or a PhD program in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related disciplines.
• Strong programming skills in one or more widely used languages such as Python or Java.
• Demonstrated experience in solving analytical problems using rigorous and quantitative approaches.
• Demonstrated experience in developing, training, and testing deep neural networks.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience with machine learning tools and frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow etc.
• Demonstrated experience in developing, training, and testing generative models, such as LLMs or multi-modal foundation models.
• Being able to clearly and effectively communicate research ideas as demonstrated by publications and presentations at top-tier AI conferences such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR etc.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM