Research Lead - CMO Program (19920)
- Align with our strategic priorities, where we can take ownership, make an impact, and deliver service capabilities;
- Provide deeply-researched, fact-based proprietary insights that establish Deloitte and its people as eminent experts within a specific topic or strategic area;
- Lead to meaningful conversations with clients and prospects, build relationships, and support external marketing to establish Deloitte's brand;
- Focus on data-driven storytelling;
- Go beyond the "traditional" white paper to tell compelling stories;
- Provide a platform for a differentiated and branded perspective that supports our overall market positioning;
Examples of work that has been done at Deloitte under the auspices of the CMO Program include:
- 2021 Global Marketing Trends ( link )
- Course correcting the evolution of the CMO ( link )
- What 575 C-level executives really think about the CMO ( link )
The focus of this search is on the identification of a research lead to focus on topics related to the role of the CMO and their marketing teams. Relevant topics may include navigating the C-suite, agile marketing, building trust with consumers and employees, bringing diversity, equity, and inclusion to the forefront of marketing, and finding new ways to measure marketing effectiveness.
The position provides opportunities to:
- Develop signature perspectives on CMO Program-related topics;
- Personally produce and deploy thought leadership content through the design and execution of world-class research;
- Support team members and other thought leaders in Deloitte in the design and execution of their initiatives;
- Develop insights to be incorporated into CMO Program client experiences;
- Work closely with account teams in the business to deepen client relationships by providing valuable research-driven insights;
- Deliver internal and external presentations;
- Design accessible ways for readers to understand complex topics;
- Serve as a connection point to external audiences on these topics; and
- Remain aware of external research being published to stay in the know on new developments and research.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- At least 3 years professional experience in an applied research, design, and/or writing role
- Demonstrated ability to direct and perform primary and secondary research;
- Executive-level verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to tell data-driven stories;
- Strong editorial skills;
- Comfort with succeeding by making others successful;
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and forge consensus;
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail;
- Graduate degree (MBA or PhD) preferred; and
- Location flexible, work is primarily virtual.
- Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Apply with a resume and two writing samples.