Cyber Research Scientists ( R-00059573 )
Work remotely and have a work life balance here at Leidos.
We have an excellent opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence for cybersecurity. The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking many Cyber Research Scientists in Artificial Intelligence for positions within the Leidos Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Accelerator. The Researchers will help to automate advanced AI/ML techniques for cyber network defense, including: anomaly detection and insider threat detection, malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing for perimeter, mid-point and end-point defense. They will also have the ability to work remotely with a diverse and geographically distributed team of AI/ML and cybersecurity experts on modern Cyber-AI problems.
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
• Hands-on research and development of analytics for anomaly detection and insider threat detection, and develop AI/ML models for perimeter, mid-point and end-point cybersecurity defense.
• Work with a team of researchers within the Leidos AI/ML Accelerator developing and delivering Cyber-AI solutions in a range of technology areas.
• Expand and enhance Cyber-AI strategy for a $10B+ Fortune 500 company with major markets in Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health.
This is you:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, such as: data science, applied mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, or systems engineering with 8+ years of cybersecurity or cyber-centric AI/ML experience within major programs in industry, academia, or government or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
• Experience with threat detection, malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing, or subverting one of these three areas:
o Perimeter Defense: firewalls, firewall logs, Zeek (Bro) network security monitor logs,
o Mid-Point Defense: Security Event and Information Management (SEIM) tools and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS).
o End-Point Defense: Antivirus, personal security products, cloud-based antivirus, and endpoint security software.
• Experience with many areas of AI/ML and related key technical disciplines including:
o Structured and unstructured data
o Supervised and unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, and federated learning
o Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs, Transformers)
o Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs).
• Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the cyber security field.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience and proven ability to work autonomously and in a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.)
• The ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is strongly preferred.
• Experience in automating advanced techniques for malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing.
• Experience with developing AI/ML solutions for massive (PB+) datasets, and secured data (PHI, classified data, etc.).
• Proven ability to design, articulate, and deliver complex cyber solutions that: are scalable, robust, secure, and resilient and deliver clear, measurable value to program owners and end users.
• Experience with commercial and Open Source Cyber / AI / ML / Data Science platforms.
• Hands-on experience with a broad range of current deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm).
• Extensive experience with and ability to formulate solutions using one or more of the following models: Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Reinforcement Learning.