Princ Engr-Applied Research ( 570460-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As the lead volumetric graphics engineer you'll be doing applied R&D by working with server based GPU technologies as well as device GPU technologies.
- Research, innovate and implement cutting edge real-time rendering techniques for volumetric processing, encoding and streaming.
- Interface with engineers from top technology companies around the world.
- Work with deep learning engineers on proof of concepts around volumetric processing.
- Develop inventions and POC’s will be considered for patent applications.
- Collaborate with external partners on developing specifications around volumetric streaming and encoding.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or similar technical degree or three or more years of work.experience.
- MS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or similar technical degree.
- Experience with ray tracing in real-time or offline.
- Experience with a complex game engine codebase, such as Unity or Unreal.
- Experience with real-time or interactive computer graphics.
- In depth knowledgeof math commonly used in real-time rendering.
- Knowledge in: reconstruction, rendering, ,shading, level of detail.
- Experience in C++, at least one of the following: Vulkan, CUDA, DirectX, or DXR.
- Strong Computer vision background and Machine Learning Application to video processing.
- Experience with Machine learning algorithms for graphics.
- Proven Experience working with Nvidia CUDA toolkits.
- Knowledge of the GPU Graphics Pipeline and GPU architecture
- Prototype algorithms and applications in Unity, Python or C++.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming techniques.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.