Research Associate I ( R-00061724 )
The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Associate to support biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Assists technical personnel associated with the projects and manage data.
- Assists in research design.
- Sets up, operates, and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus in accordance with protocols for research under contract.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies for research under contract.
- Researches and collects data through complex laboratory/scientific experiments, techniques, and procedures; library research, structures interviews; or through other means for research projects.
- Compiles and may analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Writes and edits material for publication and presentation.
- Reports on status of research activities.
- Routes administrative paper work related to scientific products.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years working in a research based position
- Experience working with animals in research setting. Ideal candidates will have experience and be comfortable working with non-humane primates.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Experience working on research team in a lab environment
- Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS); American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation); or equivalent. Web based classes do not meet these standards.
- MS Degree
- Experience working in Military environment
- Current clearance
External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Laboratory ScientistPay Range: