UX Research Consultant ( 581098-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking a User Experience (UX) Research Consultant to join the Customer Marketplace Insights (CMI) team. You will help drive transformation and innovation by contributing insights and research outcomes that translate directly into business and product impacts and help Verizon become a leading, customer-centric technology company.
As a UX Researcher, you will be a core member of the experience team, tightly partnered with Experience Designers and Managers to focus on one particular workstream (e.g., Shop & Activate, Service & Support). On one of these core teams, you will collaborate with other UX Researchers to conduct the appropriate insights work to reveal consumer needs and expectations from defining new experiences to delivering a solution that satisfies and delights our consumers.
- Uncovering experience insights on work streams.
- Executing insight activities (e.g., front-end experience creation, design refinement in-person and remotely, A/B testing).
- Developing the screening criteria, discussion guide, and activities for each stage of insight.
- Moderating sessions.
- Formulating insights and story-telling.
- Uncovering unexpected insights that drive new experiences as well as the little ‘i’ insights that inform their development.
- Presenting these insights in a compelling way to help stakeholders understand consumer needs and how those needs impact solutions.
- Escalating on-going needs and issues to the Senior Manager of CXI.
- Managing recruiting and facilities firms, as well as remote testing panels and partners.
- Managing the participant experience to ensure they are comfortable, maintain confidentiality, and handle note-taking and video responsibilities amongst the core team.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of related work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with user research methods (usability testing, user interviews, remote studies, etc.).
- Experience defining and planning the approach and methodologies in context of project scope and timeline.
- Experience managing the recruitment process with vendors and managing the day-to-day quality of the lab.
- Experience with secondary data, trends, and learnings.
- Experience moderating and planning ethnographies, one-on-one’s, panels and remote testing environments.
- Experience creating discussion guides.
- Experience with qualitative generative research, evaluative methodologies, and usability from concept formation through launch.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Sociology, or a related field.
- Detail-oriented approach and the ability to work fairly independently on a variety of well defined tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience providing insights to inform digital engagement (e.g., website, apps, api’s).
- Ability to ensure the right technology and tools are in-place to provide a positive lab experience for consumer participants and viewers.
- Experience bringing insights to life through a narrative that clarifies the needs and desires of consumers and how those insights can be integrated into the designed experience.
- Experience crafting discussion guides and appropriate tools and exercises to reveal consumer needs and desires in close partnership with Experience Design, Management and Business Partners.
- Partner, vendor, and resource management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.