Scientist - Chemistry (R1545835-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Individual will be responsible for the design and synthesis of new agents for the potential treatment of human diseases with emphasis in Cardiovascular, Fibrosis, Immunology, and Oncology disease areas.
- The individual will apply modern techniques in organic chemistry and utilize current medicinal chemistry practices to solve problems of relevance to the assigned project and therapeutic area.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in organic chemistry with 0-3 years of additional related research experience.
- Candidates must have experience in designing and executing multistep synthesis of complex organic molecules using modern techniques in organic chemistry.
- Candidates will have expertise in the purification and characterization of organic compounds (Chromatography and NMR, MS, IR spectroscopy).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough understanding of synthetic methods and reaction mechanisms are required.
- Good oral/written communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment are required.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.