Associate Director Outcomes Research
This posting has been created to pipeline talent for prospective roles that we anticipate will be needed soon in our organization. By applying to this Pipeline Advertisement, you will be submitting your interest to be contacted for similar roles to what is described in the Pipeline Advertisement.
Under the guidance of a senior leader, an Associate Director Outcomes Research has primary responsibility for planning/managing real world and economic evidence activities for in-line and pipeline products to meet the value evidence needs of clinicians, payers, policymakers, HTA/reimbursement agencies, and health systems globally.
Types of studies executed include prospective and retrospective observational studies to characterize disease burden and epidemiology, treatment patterns, healthcare resource utilization and costs, physician and patient satisfaction surveys, clinical and patient reported outcomes assessments, systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and economic modelling. Key responsibilities also include development of American Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) dossiers for US payers, and Global Value Dossiers for use by local subsidiaries in their HTA submissions. The incumbent is expected to work cross-functionally with clinical development, medical affairs, biostatistics, market access, commercial and country affiliates. The incumbent may supervise external vendors or partners to execute these activities. The incumbent may have direct interactions with health technology assessment (HTA) agencies, reimbursement decision makers, or national immunization technical advisory groups.
- Participate in value evidence teams and serves as outcomes research representative on cross-functional regional and global teams.
- Critically assess drivers and barriers to reimbursement and market access, and provide input into clinical, regulatory, payer/access, marketing and evidence generation strategy and programs.
- In collaboration with internal teams and external partners, design studies, author study protocols, develop measurement questionnaires, case report forms, data analysis plans, final study reports, scientific presentations, and publications. Responsible for study-related contracting, budgets, and vendor/partner management.
- Develop American Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) dossiers for US payers, and Global Value Dossiers
- Develop supplementary clinical data package in close partnership with markets and HTA statistics group for submission to HTA agencies.
- Support country affiliates to understand local evidence generation needs, adapt health economic evaluations, customize outcomes research documents, such as protocols and reimbursement dossiers, according to local requirements.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to effectively communicate outcomes research and health economic modelling data internally and to external customers.
- Maintain awareness of new scientific and methodological developments within therapeutic area.
- Build relationships with scientific experts worldwide.
- Present outcomes research data at national and international congresses and publish articles in scientific journals.
Minimum required education:
- Masters degree (MSc, MPH) in relevant discipline (health services research, outcomes research, epidemiology, public health, health economics, pharmacoeconomics, pharmacy administration)
- Preferred: Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD, PharmD) in relevant discipline (health services research, outcomes research, epidemiology, public health, health economics, pharmacoeconomics, pharmacy administration)
Required experience and skills:
- Experience in outcomes research, health economics, epidemiology, public health and related fields is required.
- Working experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Preferred: 1-3 years post degree