Senior Research Investigator, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics, Immunology, Cardiovascular, Fibrosis and Neuroscience (R1561061-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Serve as the department lead person for clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetics in project teams.
- Perform pharmacokinetic (PK) data analysis.
- Assist in the analysis and reporting population-pharmacokinetic and PK/PD data as necessary to describe pharmacokinetics in patient population.
- When data permit, evaluate the relationship between exposure and pharmacodynamic (PD) properties for compounds from discovery to proof of activity to late-stage Phase 3 drug development.
- Assist in the planning, implementing, interpreting and reporting of assigned Phase 1 to 4 PK and PK/PD studies.
- Provide PK and PK/PD strategies to compounds under drug development for global regulatory submission.
- Provide protocol study design input and assist in the development of clinical study monitoring plans, site selection, and PK samples logistics.
- Assist in the development of the statistical analysis plan.
- Scientific oversight of CROs with respect to PK and PK/PD tasks.
- Support regulatory submission.
- Advanced degree (Pharm.D. or Ph.D.) in pharmacokinetics/pharmacology or relevant life sciences, with a minimum of 2-years experience conducting and analyzing pharmacokinetic studies in humans.
- Knowledge of clinical PK concepts and hands-on experience in PK/PD data analysis.
- Good understanding of the use of clinical pharmacokinetics for designing first-in-human studies and providing PK strategies for late phase registration studies.
- Computer literate: familiarity with WinNonlinÔ or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Good knowledge of the drug development process.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.