Epic Clinical Research Analyst - Telecommute within Multiple Cities
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Epic Clinical Research Analyst position is a new position responsible for developing and deploying innovative research projects that are integrated into the healthcare system. This incumbent collaborates and coordinates with members of the Epic Team to assess/address medical group’s needs and objectives. This analyst will have a broad understanding of clinical and operational workflows and able to support the clinical aspects of Epic for those users.
The incumbent will assist with the designing, testing and modification of new development, enhancements and/or bug fixes. Demonstrate problem solving, seeking and logically examining and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem’s cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and prevent its recurrence. They will also gather/clarify functional build requirements as needed and have the ability to be process driven and detail oriented. Convey any conflicting enhancement requests/project priorities to Epic Manager and/or CMIO for additional feedback as needed.
If you are located within driving distance of Worcester, MA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge base of Epic database structure; comprehend technical documentation and apply that knowledge to business solutions; and also be able to utilize Epic’s analyst tools/functionality (ex- perform content management moves, utilize record viewer, use utilities, etc.)
- Assist in identifying issues that arise in the application area as well as issues that impact other application teams, and work with them to resolve the issue.
- Maintain regular communication with the Epic representatives, including leading the weekly Clinical TS meeting
- Maintain regular review of the Epic Sherlock queue with clinical team members and provide guidance as needed
- Serve as a liaison between the other IT Teams and Epic Team to implement and coordinate the technical projects
- Meet regularly with operational staff and leadership to clarify functional requirements and validate deliverables
- Re-direct operational requests to appropriate team leadership
- Attend specific strategic initiative meetings as needed to provide subject matter expertise and guidance
- Work with Epic Team to coordinate the Special Upadates and Release Authorizations during regular system downtimes
- Performs additional duties as requested by the Epic Manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Epic’s EpicCare Ambulatory module certification required but not limited to
- Knowledge of systems implementation and managed healthcare experience; with the ability to develop and apply system solutions to operational requirements
- Demonstrates proficiency in a broad set of Epic tools, including documentation SmartTools, SmartSets, rules, patient-entered questionnaires, questionnaire series, flowsheets, and reporting workbench
- Demonstrate flexibility, with respect to changing end-user business needs
- Demonstrates excellent technical, communication, organizational, interpersonal skills; ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with project team members and subject matter experts as well as gain trust and establish effective relationships with those they are working with
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and systems
- Work is detailed and specific requiring some knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in (computer/programming/IT area of education)
- Training and/or experience in Healthcare Informatics
- Experience with Epic’s Research and Care Companion modules
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the same proficiency can be substituted for the above qualifications
- Demonstrate critical thinking; ability and willingness to see things in an open-minded way and examine an idea or concept from as many angles as possible
- Demonstrates dependability; ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrates initiative; the ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed and seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.