Data Science Infrastructure Principal Engineer ( 596763-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Engineer for Data Science is an integral part of the Marketing Effectiveness team tasked with developing analytical processes designed to deliver high quality insights that enable Verizon to improve how marketing investments impact business results. You will work closely with modelers, data engineers, IT and consumer insights along with business teams, financial planning & analysis, and external partners to proactively develop and manage ME end-to-end advanced analytics infrastructure. The end goal is to ensure that the data science infrastructure and processes designed to enable modeling, optimization and simulation are best in class.
Specifically, this role will work in close collaboration with Marketing Effectiveness team members and other internal partners to leverage expertise in data management, advanced modeling, scoring etc., in order to:
- Develop, implement and maintain day-to-day analytics tools and processes including activities such as analytics process design, development of tools and platforms for advanced analytics including marketing mix modeling, optimization platforms and simulation algorithm and interface.
- Help build a best-in-class analytical infrastructure and process roadmap that obtains both short-term and long-term productivity gains required to be a center of analytic excellence.
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of advanced analytical methods, vendors and tools.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Data Science infrastructure development and management
- Knowledge of libraries for statistical analysis (regression, optimization etc.) and data structure (array etc.) in R and Python.
Even better if you have:
- Fast learner and a drive to learn and master new techniques and knowledge.
- Strong coding skills with R and Python in data structure as well as solutions design and implementation (applications, algorithms, automation…)
- Able to make trade-offs to deliver effective solutions in a timely fashion. Displays enthusiasm for delivering high impact projects and service to clients.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the team and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You remain curious in all that you do.
- Mathematical skills and optimization methods, in order to perform computations and work with algorithms
- Knowledge of statistical concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
- Knowledge of marketing principles and understanding of marketing strategy and mix to inform potential recommended actions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).