Engineer - Data Science ( 600585-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Fraud Data scientist, you will be working with a passionate group of professionals who apply cutting edge AI/ML technology to protect Verizon customer accounts from account takeovers, illegal SIM Swaps, Port Outs , as well as prevent financial losses resulting from fraudulent activity.
- You will be part of projects focused on reducing Fraud loss and customer friction involving hands-on data analysis, Machine Learning modeling and other standard data science techniques.Translate real world problems into solvable Machine Learning problems leading to actionable insights.
- Respond rapidly to emerging threats, both internal and external, with proactive monitoring and swift deployment of new controls.
- Engage with business partners and collaborate with cross functional teams to define and evaluate business problems, design and implement effective, innovative analytical solutions and models with the right choice of technology and level of complexity for the business challenges.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in large complex data sets. Translate data into insights and utilize that to implement solutions for business problems.
- Design and development of ML based anomaly detection and chart overlays.
- Develop strategies for effective reporting , use graphs, infographics and other tools to visualize data
- Monitor analytics & metrics results and take action.
- Build tools and frameworks to automate data collection.
Where you will be working
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Consulting Reporting and Business Development.
- Experience of various modelling techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression (Binomial and Multi-Class), Robust Regression, DBSCAN, Text Analytics (NLP), 3 Dimensional Tensor Factorization, Time-Series Analysis, Clustering, Holt-Winter’s Forecasting Technique, Decision Tree Analysis, Boosted Decision Tree Analysis, CNN’s like Resnet, Inception.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Math / Statistics / Computer Science or related discipline.
- Knowledge in risk management / modelling experience.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience in statistics.
- Experience in graph DB knowledge.
- Knowledge with programming Language(s): Experience in combinations of SAS, SQL, R, Python, Java.
- Experience in OS/HW: Linux/Unix open systems, AWS environment.
- Experience Communication skills to present complex ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with four years as data scientist and preferably worked on wide array of domains.
- Experience in writing SQL, stored procedures, query performance tuning preferably on Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge in business intelligence tools like Qlik, ELK.
- Knowledge of Python (including packages like SciKitLearn, numpy, pandas).
- Experience in proficiency one or many (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).