Principal Packaging Engineer/Scientist (R1557730-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Oral Solid Dose Packaging Development (OSDPD) is a dynamic package engineering organization, located within GPS-Product Development, working to rapidly bring these innovative medicines to patients. The OSD Packaging Development organization is currently seeking an experienced, creative, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and highly talented individual to join our team. Our organization is focused on developing novel packaging solutions, providing technical expertise and evaluating new materials in the pursuit of safe and sustainable packaging for our patients. Cross-functional collaboration and a mind-set of innovation and growth are critical, with a passion for continuous improvement being strongly encouraged. Our department offers an excellent opportunity to those who want to learn and grow their career while continuing to develop our shared culture of excellence.
- Responsible for the package development activities for oral solid dosage forms.
- Conduct tests with several packaging materials and final package for stability studies.
- Coordinate the packaging of stability supplies for new products.
- Provide technical expertise to the manufacturing teams, assisting with the resolution of problems associated with packaging/component equipment conflicts.
- Source, test, qualify and document new packaging components across a wide variety of types of materials and formats.
- Coordinates both internal and external resources to complete projects.
- Recommend improvements to packaging component design.
- Directs packaging material suppliers to new areas of innovation.
- Provide packaging technical assistance for quality and regulatory activities including preparation of technical documents for regulatory filings.
- Responsible for driving the development of new technology to resolve packaging related issues.
- Responsible for successful project execution according to established objectives, timelines, and costs.
- This candidate must have the ability to manage multiple package development activities from concept through launch and be able to translate pharmaceutical and packaging industry trends to business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Science/Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in the pharmaceutical or consumer product industry.
- Must have a strong background in product primary packaging, such as plastic bottles and blisters.
- Experience should include management of projects.
- Familiar with global regulations regarding packaging and experience in developing primary packaging systems.
- Experience in writing and executing protocols for testing packaging systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, be willing to challenge existing practices and work with minimum supervision.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.